Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Okay, I decided to take a bit of a break each day from my non-stop book promoting(although there will be a not-so veiled attempt at the end of this post).

This a fun and exciting time for us Cubs' fans...the trade deadline...the time of year where our perpetual suckage on the field parlays itself into an opportunity to rid ourselves of a currently good player...in exchange for potentially good(doubtful) players in the future...it's Christmas in July!

this year we got ourselves a biggie in Matt Garza.  Over the next few weeks, I will attempt to post a daily GARZA WATCH 2013(imagine loud dramatic music after saying that) that may help filter through all of the constant chatter, rumors, and illegal intelligence gathering.

Here is today's breakdown(there is no scientific methods used, just my intuition(ugh, I sound like Die-Hard) and my constant rumor searching

THE TOP FIVE                                                                                COMMENTS

1.  Texas Rangers                                                                           Still need pitching, still have a plethora of prospects

2.  Cleveland Indians                                                                       Rare opportunity to go for it, only 2-3 games out and Tigers aren't pulling away

3. Boston Red Sox                                                                          Theo connection will probably keep them on here daily

4.  Washington Nationals                                                                Need pitching, but have a worse run differential than Cubs

5.  LA Dodgers                                                                                They are trying to acquire every good player in the universe...and apparently they have a trillion dollars

On The Verge(6 teams)

- the Orioles...two trades with Cubs?

- the A's...especially if Bartolo gets suspendo

- D-Backs...lotsa youth to trade

-Yankees...can't count them out

-Pirates...same division, but doubt they would sign him

-Braves...pitchers are young...but waiting on Beachy

Currently Out(8 teams)

- Giants and Padres...they now have worse records than the Cubs, one hot streak could put them back in hunt

- Angels and Blue Jays- are ten games out of play-offs

- Cardinals and Reds...nahhhh!

-Tigers, Rays...starting pitching not a problem

Very, very, very......very doubtful

-extension with Cubs

Out!...you bad teams

White Sox, Royals, Mets, Phillies, Twins, Rockies, Astros, Marlins, Brewers, Mainers

all this work...he will probably get traded today..

Once again please follow me and my book @BBCG104Reasons on Twitter...I may also soon be offering personally inscribed copies here directly on BN...these make great gifts, and will undoubtedly be worth a fortune some day( believe it or not, I have probably inscribed 3 to 4 hundred of these)...details to follow...

GARZA WATCH 2013! (sound of lightning striking)

#2 Mr. Gonzo

Mr. Gonzo

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Outstanding idea, Chris! After the most recent Biogenesis buzz, I get the feeling that Garza's trade market is in a holding pattern until the suspensions are handed out and/or a more accurate timeline for punishments is released. If there was a money pool going on for the date Garza gets traded, I would guess Friday, July 19th... so you may have plenty of time to build this out - IMO.

From an Assman22 post yesterday, we get an idea of what the FO is asking for:

Cubs asking Indians for Bauer+ in exchange for Garza+depth OF...

But knowing my prophetic luck, he'll be traded tomorrow...

Edited by Mr. Gonzo, 10 July 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Mr. Gonzo

#3 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Indians may move up to top spot tomorrow..

#4 Mike Taylor (no relation)

Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

I say it comes down to a few teams in the NL West and the Rangers.

PS-I'd say especially the Rangers, now that Yu Darvish is on the DL for an upper back strain (even though he may only miss 1 start). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).