Okay, I decided to take a bit of a break each day from my non-stop book promoting(although there will be a not-so veiled attempt at the end of this post).
This a fun and exciting time for us Cubs' fans...the trade deadline...the time of year where our perpetual suckage on the field parlays itself into an opportunity to rid ourselves of a currently good player...in exchange for potentially good(doubtful) players in the future...it's Christmas in July!
this year we got ourselves a biggie in Matt Garza. Over the next few weeks, I will attempt to post a daily GARZA WATCH 2013(imagine loud dramatic music after saying that) that may help filter through all of the constant chatter, rumors, and illegal intelligence gathering.
Here is today's breakdown(there is no scientific methods used, just my intuition(ugh, I sound like Die-Hard) and my constant rumor searching
THE TOP FIVE COMMENTS
1. Texas Rangers Still need pitching, still have a plethora of prospects
2. Cleveland Indians Rare opportunity to go for it, only 2-3 games out and Tigers aren't pulling away
3. Boston Red Sox Theo connection will probably keep them on here daily
4. Washington Nationals Need pitching, but have a worse run differential than Cubs
5. LA Dodgers They are trying to acquire every good player in the universe...and apparently they have a trillion dollars
On The Verge(6 teams)
- the Orioles...two trades with Cubs?
- the A's...especially if Bartolo gets suspendo
- D-Backs...lotsa youth to trade
-Yankees...can't count them out
-Pirates...same division, but doubt they would sign him
-Braves...pitchers are young...but waiting on Beachy
Currently Out(8 teams)
- Giants and Padres...they now have worse records than the Cubs, one hot streak could put them back in hunt
- Angels and Blue Jays- are ten games out of play-offs
- Cardinals and Reds...nahhhh!
-Tigers, Rays...starting pitching not a problem
Very, very, very......very doubtful
-extension with Cubs
Out!...you bad teams
White Sox, Royals, Mets, Phillies, Twins, Rockies, Astros, Marlins, Brewers, Mainers
all this work...he will probably get traded today..
Once again please follow me and my book @BBCG104Reasons on Twitter...I may also soon be offering personally inscribed copies here directly on BN...these make great gifts, and will undoubtedly be worth a fortune some day( believe it or not, I have probably inscribed 3 to 4 hundred of these)...details to follow...
GARZA WATCH 2013! (sound of lightning striking)