36 replies to this topic

#31 Alex S.

Alex S.

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

If hindsight on Cespedes, Darvish, and Puig make you sad, I recommend not looking at some names drafted after Hayden Simpson...

(Matt Harvey, Jesse Biddle, Zach Lee, Anthony Ranaudo, Taijuan Walker, Mike Olt, Nick Castellanos, Tyrell Jenkins)

But, nothing that can be done about it now.  Best to just let it go.

#32 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

The Harvey one is tad depressing there.

#33 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

But Olt?  Idk, since we might get him anyway.

#34 Mike Taylor (no relation)

Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:32 AM

If we "get" Olt, it'll be a good thing. The Cubs get September of 2013 and all of 2014 to evaluate his abilities performed at 3B, Luis Valbuena's defense and bat will project better as a 2nd basemen, and we can determine whether Kris Bryant is more capable than Olt at 3B or whether he's headed for the OF as some scouts suggest.

It's intriguing to think about Josh Vitters. who was the 3rd overall pick in 2010... we've already signed our 3B of the future and getting ready to trade for another. A down year, due to injuries. It seems as though he's destined to be traded, because there are bigger, brighter stars headed to the spots he's suited and will get there faster.

#35 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

If we "get" Olt, it'll be a good thing. The Cubs get September of 2013 and all of 2014 to evaluate his abilities performed at 3B, Luis Valbuena's defense and bat will project better as a 2nd basemen, and we can determine whether Kris Bryant is more capable than Olt at 3B or whether he's headed for the OF as some scouts suggest.

It's intriguing to think about Josh Vitters. who was the 3rd overall pick in 2010... we've already signed our 3B of the future and getting ready to trade for another. A down year, due to injuries. It seems as though he's destined to be traded, because there are bigger, brighter stars headed to the spots he's suited and will get there faster.

Yeah, I agree.  Vitters is not our future starter at 3rd.  Of course getting Olt would be a good thing, but I am concerned about the whole "vision" problem thing.  Otherwise, I would be ecstatic to get him.  And yes, I know that "get" sounds quite unintelligent in terms of baseball jargon.

#36 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

the next pitcher drafted that was raised in central Arkansas will be very good because of Cliff Lee, AJ Burnett, and Travis Wood.

You heard it here first, folks!  wvcubsfan confirms that Hayden Simpson is a bone fide ace and guaranteed for the Hall of Fame.  Get your induction tickets now!

:D That's why I specifically said central Arkansas, not Arkansas or southern Arkansas.

#37 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

the next pitcher drafted that was raised in central Arkansas will be very good because of Cliff Lee, AJ Burnett, and Travis Wood.

You heard it here first, folks!  wvcubsfan confirms that Hayden Simpson is a bone fide ace and guaranteed for the Hall of Fame.  Get your induction tickets now!

:D That's why I specifically said central Arkansas, not Arkansas or southern Arkansas.

Nice save. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).