hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

speaking of movies...the fact that "Shakespeare in Love" won best picture over "Saving Private Ryan"...might be biggest screwjob of all time...also "Cinderella Man" way under rated

I've never been a big fan of saving private ryan either. I can still remember watching it with my grandfather, a WWII vet from the 101st, and he laughed through half the movie and then proceeded to call it " rah rah patriotic bullshit" and I remember he thought it was incredibly unrealistic.

ALL war movies are unrealistic, including The Hurt Locker (I have never seen it because former EOD buddies of mine said that it was crap).

My top 5:
Anchorman
Old School
Waynes World
Star Wars VI - only because of the metal bikini
Star Trek - the newest one.

My bottom 5:
EVERY MOVIE EVER MADE BY TARANTINO - WORST DIRECTOR EVER.

#17 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Twitter:SamVari7
  • Facebook:sam.varipapa
  • LocationBaltimore MD & Huntington WV

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

speaking of movies...the fact that "Shakespeare in Love" won best picture over "Saving Private Ryan"...might be biggest screwjob of all time...also "Cinderella Man" way under rated

I've never been a big fan of saving private ryan either. I can still remember watching it with my grandfather, a WWII vet from the 101st, and he laughed through half the movie and then proceeded to call it " rah rah patriotic bullshit" and I remember he thought it was incredibly unrealistic.

ALL war movies are unrealistic, including The Hurt Locker (I have never seen it because former EOD buddies of mine said that it was crap).

My top 5:
Anchorman
Old School
Waynes World

My bottom 5:

No way. Tarantino is one of the all time greats. Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown? Inglorious Basterds? He is amazing, the dialogue in all of his movies is superb not to mention the camera angles and shots that he uses. AND he always does a great job of incorporating good music into his movies.
"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."- Hunter S. Thompson

#18 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

My top 5:
Anchorman
Old School
Waynes World

My bottom 5:

No way. Tarantino is one of the all time greats. Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown? Inglorious Basterds? He is amazing, the dialogue in all of his movies is superb not to mention the camera angles and shots that he uses. AND he always does a great job of incorporating good music into his movies.

Vomit. Inglorious Basterds was the only one of those I came close to liking (actually not half bad).

#19 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

You guys have mentioned most of my favorites. I would add Fight Club and Seven as two of my top something movies. I can't really put a number on it because I like a lot of movies. Also, I'm a zombie movie freak. I don't like the newer, crappy, low budget ripoffs, and George Romero seems to have lost his touch, but I love the old ones.

#20 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

My top 5:
Anchorman
Old School
Waynes World

My bottom 5:

Vomit. Inglorious Basterds was the only one of those I came close to liking (actually not half bad).

You vomit at the thought of Reservoir Dogs, but list the new Star Trek and Wayne's World as top 5 movies. Our tastes are miles apart.

#21 Rancelot

Rancelot

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

In no particular order (just because it is difficult enough paring the list down to 5).

Goodfellas
Amelie
The Big Lebowski
Pans Labyrinth
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

#22 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

I was surprised at how much I liked Midnight in the Garden of Good/Evil.

I'll give a shout out to another of my favorite classics: To Kill a Mockingbird.

And for something a little different, my favorite Zombie movie: Shaun of The Dead.

Shaun of the Dead is AWESOME.

#23 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitter:SweetJJ1s
  • Facebook:Clay Dodson
  • LocationCookeville, Tennessee

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

My top 5:
Anchorman
Old School
Waynes World

My bottom 5:

Whoa nellie! Worst directors: Uwe Boll and Brett fucking Ratner. But Tarantino? Get off that meth son. Ha!

Great movies:
1)Empire Strikes Back - Star Wars bitches!
2)2001: A Space Odyssey
3)Raiders of the Lost Ark
4)Pulp Fiction
5)The Big Lebowski
6)Dawn of the Dead (the orginal)
7)Scarface - hell why not?
8)Waynes World
9)Requiem for a Dream
10)Godfather 1 and 2. 3 should have been drowned when it was conceived.
11)Hell there are so many that I love and just cant remember.

Oh and those were in no particular order, I just felt like numbering them. Ha.
Betternews is a Bitterbitch

#24 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

Most of mine have been mentioned (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Scarface, The Godfather, Office Space...) but Annie Hall is a movie that I absolutely love for no apparent reason.

And the one I'm watching with my son right now, The Lion King.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).