Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Cubs v. Rockies - July 20, 2013 (TV: WGN)

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#91 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

I can appreciate giving a pitcher a chance to right himself, but not at the risk of ignoring the shit Villanueva was dumping on the game and his team.  Sveum acted, but I have to believe it's too late. The damage has been done. And even though it's only the 5th inning.....Gotta' blame the manager for this loss.

#92 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Or the starting pitcher, or give the other team credit.  Not sure any option to replace V this early was going to be a good option.  Oh well, lets hope we can score more against their pen than they can score on ours.

#93 headscratchin

headscratchin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationDallas Metro Area

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Maybe Sveum was waiting for the Rockies to get a big enough lead to get Bowden some work

#94 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

How in the world can that only be out 2?  hasn't this half inning been going on for an hour or so?

#95 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

Finally the bleeding has been stopped

#96 PRcajun

PRcajun

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationStatesboro, GA

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

wow,,,didn't think that inning was going to end

#97 Timothy Scarbrough

Timothy Scarbrough

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

At least Coors is prone to big scoring from both sides.

#98 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

I'm as big of a Cubs fan as anyone, but i'm not eating Bulls balls to assist in a rally in a lost season.  Sorry.

#99 JLFord78

JLFord78

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:@JLFord78

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

Man, watching the game at work and got busy. Was 1-0 last I saw, now 7-2? This is going to be a long night.

#100 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

.......sooooo......Junior struck out.   BUT.......he still showed he knew what he was doing.  Like so many of our Cub batters he didn't swing at pitches too far ot to reach.  He exercised a good eye and took the count to 3-2 after being behind in the count.  So, yes.  Junior knows......

#101 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'm as big of a Cubs fan as anyone, but i'm not eating Bulls balls to assist in a rally in a lost season.  Sorry.

This season may be lost, but that doesn't mean playing to win is unimportant.  Everyone (including the manager) should be playing to win the game underway.  That is the primary aim of the competition.  We know the Cubs won't surge into a playoff contention, but neither should we accept turning a blind eye to losing.  Day in and day out, performance counts.

#102 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

This season may be lost, but that doesn't mean playing to win is unimportant.  Everyone (including the manager) should be playing to win the game underway.  That is the primary aim of the competition.  We know the Cubs won't surge into a playoff contention, but neither should we accept turning a blind eye to losing.  Day in and day out, performance counts.

What does that have to do with eating rocky mountain oysters as a "rally cap" of sorts?  That's what I was posting about, since it was what Len and JD were doing.

#103 headscratchin

headscratchin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationDallas Metro Area

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

What does that have to do with eating rocky mountain oysters as a "rally cap" of sorts?  That's what I was posting about, since it was what Len and JD were doing.

Eh - they're a lot like chicken wings.  Once you get past the  obvious YUK facotr, they are actually pretty tasty.  Of course if you get one even a little under cooked it will cause you to gag a bit and bring all kinds of unhealthy thoughts to mind.

#104 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Eh - they're a lot like chicken wings.  Once you get past the  obvious YUK facotr, they are actually pretty tasty.  Of course if you get one even a little under cooked it will cause you to gag a bit and bring all kinds of unhealthy thoughts to mind.

think I'll just pass

#105 JLFord78

JLFord78

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:@JLFord78

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

think I'll just pass

Ditto on the pass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).