Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

Granted this prediction is entirely speculation, I believe the numbers, makeup and age point strongly to a promotion.

Albert Almora has 226 PAs in 50 games at A ball. Here he is 19 years and 4 months old:

His line reads .324/369/469 with a 5.8% BB rate and a 11.9% K rate 

At the time of Javier Baez's Promotion he had 235 PAs in 57 games and was 19 years and 8 months old

His line read .333/.383/576 but with a 3.8%BB and a 20.4% K rate

All reports imply that Almora has fantastic makeup and the defense to play in the Majors NOW, whereas Baez created questions. More importantly, Almora has a higher BB rate and a significantly lower K rate than Baez had at the time of his promotion.

Almora has a better walk rate, lower K rate, better defense, better makeup, (relatively) similar production and all at the same age and level. Promotion time, c'mon.

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

I am mildly surprised that he hasn't been promoted already.  I thought he was going to get the call after Andreoli went to Tennessee.  Regardless, I think we are going to be seeing a lot of prospect movement in the next couple of weeks.  Daytona was already stacked with SPs and they just added two more pretty good prospects to that mix

#3 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

I am mildly surprised that he hasn't been promoted already.  I thought he was going to get the call after Andreoli went to Tennessee.  Regardless, I think we are going to be seeing a lot of prospect movement in the next couple of weeks.  Daytona was already stacked with SPs and they just added two more pretty good prospects to that mix

I agree.  I actually thought that he was already promoted.  Must have been thinking of Baez.

#4 Jed Jam Band

Jed Jam Band

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:@DavidVocals91
  • LocationMunster, IN (Home)/Bloomington, IN (College)

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

I need to get out to Kane County before this happens.

#5 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

I need to get out to Kane County before this happens.

HAUL ASS OVER THERE ASAP!! He should be promoted soon. ;)

#6 Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

Others have said that he may not be in Daytona yet because of the high number of rainouts there.  The club is keeping him at Kane County to maximize the number of at bats that he gets.  Seems logical. No doubt that he'll start at Daytona next year, of course.

#7 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

I don't think there is anything to the "Cubs don't promote prospects to Daytona because of rainouts" theory beyond internet speculation.  I've not noticed any trends of that type under either front office I've covered.

If rainout were that big of a concern for the front office, big enough that they schedule their promotion paths around that threat, then they'd have moved out of Daytona to the California League by now.  

#8 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

I DO remember a lot of rainouts being an issue with Soler's callup, but I'm mostly hoping for a move to the California league so I can catch mor egames

#9 ced landrum

ced landrum

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Vogelbach and Almora should be heading to Daytona any day now.  They could use an infusion of talent.  

#10 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

Vogelbach and Almora should be heading to Daytona any day now.  They could use an infusion of talent.  

Almora and Vogelbach would be nice additions to that lineup.  Daytona is in first, and has one of the better pitching rotations in A ball.  It would be great to see some more juice added for a playoff run.

#11 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hope to see him make a stop in Iowa soon

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).