12 replies to this topic

#1 rockoutjerseys

rockoutjerseys

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

So I made a post before about trade for Castro nobody really liked them so ill try again

Mariners: Taijuan Walker, Stephen Pryor, Tyler Pike

Marlins: Justin Nicolino, Rob Brantly, Charlie Lowell

Orioles: BUNDYYYYYYY, Hunter Harvey

Pirates: Taillon, Justin Wilson, Tyler Glasnow (Wilson a great up and coming closer if Blake parker or Casey Weather dont work out, Glasnow maybe a middle reliever in the future)

Cardinals: Carlos Martinez, Trevor Rosenthal, Jordan Swagerty (cant go wrong with a name like that)

D-Backs: Archie Bradley, Andrew Chafin

Mets: Noah Syndergaard, Brandon Nimmo, Logan Verrett (Hey Look We Found Nimmo)  PUN PUN PUN PUN PUN PUN

Thank You

#2 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

There are a couple reasons why these types of posts don't get a ton of attention.

1. To a large extent trades rarely happen, so predicting any trade - even a likely one - is pointless

2. A Castro trade is less likely than many, many other trades

3. Most people do not want to trade Castro at all

4. Trades happen within divisions, sure, but very rarely do huge trades like this happen within divisions, read: Cards and Pirates not likely.

5. The Marlins probably wouldn't want Castro's contract (even though its relatively reasonable)

6. There are some major, major packages up there, the bigger the names the increasingly less likely any trade will ever include that player (nowadays)

On the other hand, there hasn't been a ton of traffic on the MB recently and I enjoy lots of traffic, so keep em coming. 

#3 rockoutjerseys

rockoutjerseys

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

thank you yo make really good points

#4 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

So I made a post before about trade for Castro nobody really liked them so ill try again

Pirates: Taillon, Justin Wilson, Tyler Glasnow (Wilson a great up and coming closer if Blake parker or Casey Weather dont work out, Glasnow maybe a middle reliever in the future)

Cardinals: Carlos Martinez, Trevor Rosenthal, Jordan Swagerty (cant go wrong with a name like that)

Mets: Noah Syndergaard, Brandon Nimmo, Logan Verrett (Hey Look We Found Nimmo)  PUN PUN PUN PUN PUN PUN

Thank You

Man that's a huge haul for Castro. don' tknow if we'd have room on the 40 man roster for that many players.

#5 rockoutjerseys

rockoutjerseys

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

lol thats just different teams to trade with

#6 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

5. The Marlins probably wouldn't want Castro's contract (even though its relatively reasonable)

Not sure I agree with this.  

Marlins are going to need to spend up and try to win eventually, if only to keep the Commish and the Union off their backs (again).  In that regard, locking up a cost controlled cornerstone like Castro could be an attractive option.  

Especially if they had, say, a young star that they made very angry by trading away nearly all of the team that they had told him they were committed to winning with thereby making it somewhat more difficult to sign said player to any sort of a extension when he hits arbitration/free agency in the near future.

#7 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

Thank You

Man that's a huge haul for Castro. don' tknow if we'd have room on the 40 man roster for that many players.

Damn, that's almost the same level as the Saints trading all their draft picks for Ricky Williams.

#8 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

Marlins are going to need to spend up and try to win eventually, if only to keep the Commish and the Union off their backs (again).  In that regard, locking up a cost controlled cornerstone like Castro could be an attractive option.  

Especially if they had, say, a young star that they made very angry by trading away nearly all of the team that they had told him they were committed to winning with thereby making it somewhat more difficult to sign said player to any sort of a extension when he hits arbitration/free agency in the near future.

Seems like the Marlins like to spend money one year, then obliterate it before it really has a chance to get off the ground (last year) or when they recently were really good (the year they won the WS).  I really don't get their logic there.

#9 #1lahairfan

#1lahairfan

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

I hate to say this, but the chances we trade Castro are miniscule to none and the chances that you predict what Castro is traded for is even less.

#10 rockoutjerseys

rockoutjerseys

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

true but im guesing if it was to ONE of these teams one person on here would be in it

#11 ncsujuri

ncsujuri

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Facebook:ncsujuri
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

I like where your head is at Luke!

- It's a great day for a ballgame, LET'S PLAY TWO!

#12 Mike Taylor (no relation)

Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

Starlin Castro + Nate Schierholtz to Royals

#1. SP Kyle Zimmer (AA)

#2. SP Yordano Ventura (AAA)

#11. SP Kyle Smith (A+)

#17. LHRP Donnie Joesph (AAA)

#18. 2B Christian Colon (AAA)

Escobar moves to 2B, Royals have a cost-controlled middle infield for 5+ years and a platoon in RF that works in Schierholtz/Lough for the next year and a half.

#13 rockoutjerseys

rockoutjerseys

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

THAT SOUNDS GREAT FROM ME.......I Still would like Taillon better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).