Hawkeye

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Twitter:@hawkeyedsm
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

So we all have them. Things that we enjoy that we wouldn't really talk to just anybody about. Now that we are all close and friendly, I figured it is about time we really get comfortable with one another. Time to be judged by my peers. So...here it goes.

I enjoy flying RC (remote control) planes. I always wanted to get into this as a kid, but didn't have the money or patience to do so. I have a couple of planes now and am looking to add more to my "fleet" as I progress in this hobby.

Alright, don't leave me hanging here. Who else is out there. TWC, I think its about time you tell people about your collection of Lisa Frank school supplies.

#2 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

I read gossip blogs. I can't help it. The juicier the better. Judge me.

I also hate most chick flicks and shows but I adore the Sex And The City series.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#3 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

Chick drinks. Specifically chick coffee drinks. I love a good cup of black coffee, but if you get me near a Starbucks, I'm all about the peppermint mochas and double chocolate chip creme frappuccinos.

#4 MC2

MC2

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Facebook:Mark Comparet
  • LocationFort Wayne, In.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:03 PM

I gave up playing in 3 different softball leagues about 7 years ago to travel around the midwest and play scenario style paintball. Told the wife wouldn't be as expensive and I would be home more on the weekends. I've now officially spent more money on paintball over the last 7 years than I ever did in 25 years of baseball/softball combined... ...

#5 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:39 AM

I'm a huge fan of the show Charmed, don't know why but it is a secret guilty pleasure.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#6 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

Bondage, hentai...oh, wait, you meant, oh...oops, well then.

My secret guilty pleasure is pretty much anything to do with space, from rocket engineering to theoretical physics and string/M theory. Along with that, my other guilty pleasure is Star Trek, I am nowhere near a Trekkie (couldn't begin to tell you much about the original series of movies or what TV series does what) but I just love anything to do with the cosmos.

#7 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

Baseball Mogul. I play the crap out of that game. I know it makes me a baseball geek, but I don't really feel guilty about it, but I do spend way too much time playing it instead of studying.

#8 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

Baseball Mogul. I play the crap out of that game. I know it makes me a baseball geek, but I don't really feel guilty about it, but I do spend way too much time playing it instead of studying.

Same here. I'm still using '09, I was going to get '12 this year, but my old laptop took a dump a couple days before it was released.

#9 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,637 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

You've already covered many of mine. Literally.

I talk to myself in the shower frequently, which qualifies as a guilty pleasure because I enjoy doing it. I don't know why the shower, but it's quite nice - I'm a good conversationalist.

#10 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

I talk to myself in the shower frequently, which qualifies as a guilty pleasure because I enjoy doing it. I don't know why the shower, but it's quite nice - I'm a good conversationalist.

Sure, "talking" to yourself in the shower. Whatever you want to call it dude. I'm a good "self-conversationalist" too.

#11 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

Same here. I'm still using '09, I was going to get '12 this year, but my old laptop took a dump a couple days before it was released.

I still use 2009, only because I haven't been that compelled to upgrade yet. Maybe when '13 comes out I will upgrade but Baseball Mogul is the greatest sports sim EVER! Except that in mine I created a dynasty with the Cubs (something like 60-70 WS titles playing from 1901 - 2009) and it got too easy (same as in real life the secret is in having the highest spending in scouting and the draft (trading money for prospects)) even on the highest difficulty so then I just started "creating" players to see if I could go 162-0 but the best I have ever gotten was 153-9.

#12 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,637 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

Sure, "talking" to yourself in the shower. Whatever you want to call it dude. I'm a good "self-conversationalist" too.

I actually hate the shower for that. Not to start a discussion or anything.

#13 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

I actually hate the shower for that. Not to start a discussion or anything.

Bathmats, that is all I will say

#14 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

I still use 2009, only because I haven't been that compelled to upgrade yet. Maybe when '13 comes out I will upgrade but Baseball Mogul is the greatest sports sim EVER! Except that in mine I created a dynasty with the Cubs (something like 60-70 WS titles playing from 1901 - 2009) and it got too easy (same as in real life the secret is in having the highest spending in scouting and the draft (trading money for prospects)) even on the highest difficulty so then I just started "creating" players to see if I could go 162-0 but the best I have ever gotten was 153-9.

I have '11, but I don't think it's much different than the old ones. I'm not as prolific at the game as Hansman, I usually start over after winning 5 or 6 championships in a row. I am playing a classic team for the first time now, started in the early 80's. I pretty much kept most of the team how it was, except I didn't trade Palmeiro, and I signed a bunch of relievers in free agency. I haven't won a championship yet. I'm averaging 95 wins a year, but I've lost three straight world series to the Angels, all because I wouldn't sign the uber-mvp Eric Davis and he signed with them. Alright, done geeking out.

#15 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:39 AM

I am a Civil War geek.

I belong to the Sons of Union Veterans of Civil War, I own a uniform, and I am a member of a Civil War gaming club.
Please don't feed the psychos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).