#1 Nate

Nate

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

With Grille going on the DL and the Pirates desire for Scheirholtz what would be a good return?  Is a top 100 and a team 15 to 20 reasonable?  Maybe Luis Heredia and Tyler Glasnow.  JUst a quick prosepect look.  This is probably a wow idea.  Maybe just Heredia for them both but the Cubs fit there needs in players they're looking to deal.

#2 Patrick G

Patrick G

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

With Grille going on the DL and the Pirates desire for Scheirholtz what would be a good return?  Is a top 100 and a team 15 to 20 reasonable?  Maybe Luis Heredia and Tyler Glasnow.  JUst a quick prosepect look.  This is probably a wow idea.  Maybe just Heredia for them both but the Cubs fit there needs in players they're looking to deal.

Who them? Schierholtz and Gregg? Wonder if Russell would return more since Grilli will be back eventually

#3 Jed Jam Band

Jed Jam Band

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:@DavidVocals91
  • LocationMunster, IN (Home)/Bloomington, IN (College)

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

Schierholtz and Russell would return more than if he went with Gregg.  For Nate and Russell we could net a pretty nice haul.  Fairly certain we could get Glasnow in that deal.  And I would rather have Glasnow than Heredia for sure.

#4 Nate

Nate

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

Sorry, I meant Gregg not Russell.  Sorry I wasn't clear.  (Getting yelled at to come to the dinner table)  I know the return is better but I really think Russell and Strop are the start of really good pen for the next 7 years.  Especially if (some of) Parker, Bowden, Rondon and Rodriguez pan out and we pick up one or guy.  I hear this Corey Black touches 100.  Not sure if thats true but it sounds like a great, come in blow it by a couple batters, pen guy. 

#5 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

Um Gregg's value is way diminished right now and im not sure anybody wants to give up anything for him. Russell has more value.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#6 Nate

Nate

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Of course it is.  I'm thinking he's still has value to a team that needs a closer for a week or 2 (and that should be all they need) and can still be a pen guy after that.  He's a throw in to up the return, hopefully

#7 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

Fixed the spelling in the title for you

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#8 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

I can't believe that anyone truely belives a competent GM will trade anything of value for Kevin Gregg.  Heck half of our fan base wants to run him out of town right now.  The only way he has any value is as a throw in to a team that needs a replacement level reliever.

#9 Mike Taylor (no relation)

Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:07 AM

Their closer is out for 1-2 months, and their production from RF is still horrible. They don't have to have Gregg with Schierholtz, they could pick up Strop, Bowden, or Guerrier.

#10 Rizzo1684

Rizzo1684

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTatooine

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

I am a huge Tyler Glasnow fan and if it was up to me I would offer Schierholtz and James Russell.  Throw in some good but not great prospects from the Pirates and I would be one happy cubs fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).