Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Cubs v. Diamondbacks - July 25, 2013 (TV: WGN)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Weird play on that grounder to Rizzo who tagged the base and then the runner on the base.  I wonder if players know exactly what to do in that kind of instance to maximize the outs they can get.  As a fan, I'm curious what that says about a player's baseball savy.

I would worry if it's repeated. How often does that play present its self?

#17 headscratchin

headscratchin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationDallas Metro Area

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Weird play on that grounder to Rizzo who tagged the base and then the runner on the base.  I wonder if players know exactly what to do in that kind of instance to maximize the outs they can get.  As a fan, I'm curious what that says about a player's baseball savy.

My thought too.  Seemed like a rookie type mistake.

#18 headscratchin

headscratchin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationDallas Metro Area

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Good point.  He may never have that play again in his career. 

#19 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Villanueva sucks.  Let's just hope he keeps doing as well as he is.  At least we're still only one run behind and still in the game.

#20 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Good point.  He may never have that play again in his career. 

True.....but you have to figure that Rizzo has to be reading the options what-ifs present-----especially DP ones.  While it may be natural to react and insure an out, Rizzo didn't read what faced him in that play.....and he had the time to do that.  Reacting gave way to thinking.

#21 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Villanueva sucks.  Let's just hope he keeps doing as well as he is.  At least we're still only one run behind and still in the game.

He's settling in. 11 pitch 2nd. 10 pitch third.

#22 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

Another run for them......the hill to climb just got a little steeper.

#23 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hate to say it.....but we are doing nothing but giving up runs.  No offense, No win.  This one may be a goner.............hope I'm wrong. VERY wrong.

#24 Todd

Todd

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationWhale's vagina

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Is it just me, or do the Dbags have the most annoying... fucking everything. From the uniforms, to the all manufactured noise at their home games, to Luis roid rippin a World Series winning single. I hate them. Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled program.

#25 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Is it just me, or do the Dbags have the most annoying... fucking everything. From the uniforms, to the all manufactured noise at their home games, to Luis roid rippin a World Series winning single. I hate them. Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled program.

...speaking of "manufactured noise", wait till the Wrigley Jumbotron is operative.....

#26 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

WTF???????   That was a HR period!  Throw that fan out on his ass.....and the umps too! Ratbasturds.

#27 Todd

Todd

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationWhale's vagina

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

...speaking of "manufactured noise", wait till the Wrigley Jumbotron is operative.....

I doubt they're gonna go that route with the Jumbotron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).