#61 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

I found BN a couple months ago by searching Google with 'Chicago Cubs rumors'. Once I found this site, I realized that Brett pretty much gives a good synopsis of the 100+ articles I was reading every day. WHAT A GREAT TIME SAVER IT TURNED OUT TO BE!

I did also notice a lot of the commenters were a lot like me - just obsessed with the Cubs, and very positive about the future. There are the handful of douchebags that do nothing but bitch and moan, but for the most part, I have found peace in the forums.

Anyhow - I love it here, love Brett, love most of the regular posters (some of them are just freakin' hilarious). Good to get to know folks who share the same passion.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#62 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'm trying to flee the mess at home (the way Terri Francona was treated on the way out of Boston was only the last straw, but this is not the place for the rant I'm repressing). I still sometimes read Boston stuff, but...

Following Theo to Chicago was the first best move for me. Started with the Sun-Times and the Tribune, but wanted more, of course.

Found BN, probably through Google, in October 2011. I liked Brett's Cubs news aggregation/links back to sources (although "aggregation" doesn't do it justice, too bot-like--I mean, the hours he must spend), and his insight and tone. He can write. I also appreciate Brett's tolerance of all the voices here, and the voices here are a huge part of the experience. Someone said on the main board that they were amazed how fast the average Cubs fan was integrating SABR-thought into their own analyses/feelings a few weeks ago. It really is remarkable (I think I got here soon enough to witness the shift begin), and of course the expanded math is something I continue to grow through.

I appreciate the crash course in the team, the numbers and the people. Thanks, all.

#63 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

What a thoughtful reply, FromFenwayPahk! Glad to have you here, bud!
- diehard fanclub member #002

#64 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

I bet this place come up if you Google "Lost sucks"

#65 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm trying to flee the mess at home (the way Terri Francona was treated on the way out of Boston was only the last straw, but this is not the place for the rant I'm repressing). I still sometimes read Boston stuff, but...

Following Theo to Chicago was the first best move for me. Started with the Sun-Times and the Tribune, but wanted more, of course.

Found BN, probably through Google, in October 2011. I liked Brett's Cubs news aggregation/links back to sources (although "aggregation" doesn't do it justice, too bot-like--I mean, the hours he must spend), and his insight and tone. He can write. I also appreciate Brett's tolerance of all the voices here, and the voices here are a huge part of the experience. Someone said on the main board that they were amazed how fast the average Cubs fan was integrating SABR-thought into their own analyses/feelings a few weeks ago. It really is remarkable (I think I got here soon enough to witness the shift begin), and of course the expanded math is something I continue to grow through.

I appreciate the crash course in the team, the numbers and the people. Thanks, all.

Obviously everyone's story has been very complimentary, and I appreciate them all (as well as the info), but this was super nice. Thank you. Very kind.

And Dave - you suck.

#66 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

If you Google "Dick Tidrow" BN's forums are the first result on the 3rd page.

FYI, the Dick Tidrow vs Chuck Norris thread is now #16 in the results from googling "Dick Tidrow".

#67 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

FYI, the Dick Tidrow vs Chuck Norris thread is now #16 in the results from googling "Dick Tidrow".

We need to get that bitch going again.

#68 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

We need to get that bitch going again.

I'm saving it for game day thread time

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#69 CarolinaCubsFan

CarolinaCubsFan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationThe Piedmont of North Carolina

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

Hello everybody! This is my first post here and I thought this was as good a place as any to have my first post. I just did a google search and stumbled upon this place a couple hours ago and it fits what I am looking for. It was just pure luck that I found it and I am really excited to be here. I am a HUGE Cubs fan, have been since I was 9 (I'm 24 now fwiw), but more importantly than that I was looking for some place that had not just baseball discussion, but intellectual baseball discussion. You just do not seem to find that many places like that nowadays. I like the atmosphere here, I like the style, I like the fact that there appear to be a lot of smart intelligent folks around here and it became clearer to me that I had to sign up here. I really look forward to getting to know you all better and debating some of the hot topics in regards to the Cubs and the rest of the league.

And besides, I have to have some place to vent after each loss and celebrate like it's 1999 after each win. I no longer feel alone in my sorrow and grief! haha

I have a family full of Cardinal, Yankee, and Brave fans so I get it from all sides. I need this place. :-D

#70 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

Welcome CCF

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#71 CarolinaCubsFan

CarolinaCubsFan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationThe Piedmont of North Carolina

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

Welcome CCF

Thank you! :)

#72 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

You found the right place, CCF. Welcome.

#73 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

Yes, welcome! Make sure you read the lexicon to help you understand some of the talk around here. Especially the portions concerning BetterNews and diehard.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#74 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

BetterNews was actually a pretty cool dude today. If you just avoid mentioning Matt Garza, he seems to actually bring some decent chit-chat on a slow Saturday.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#75 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:52 AM

Hi CCF! Welcome to the party.
Please don't feed the psychos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).