Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Cubs Calendaise - 7/30 - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

This one is trickier to get into a challenging question: How many WS title(s) have the Cubs clinched at their home stadium? For the one(s) not clinched at home, where were they clinched. Double bouns points if you can name the stadium.

#2 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Cap Anson!

Please don't feed the psychos.

#3 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

Cap Anson!

So close but you misspelled the final answer.

#4 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hack Wilson  (wasn't that TWC's old go to? (Since mine has been taken away from me)).

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#5 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

They beat the Tigers twice (07 and 08) and prolly won on the road both times.  so none at home.  Before Tiger stadium... I cannot recall the name.  Was that the Baker Bowl or was that Philadelphia?

#6 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

They beat the Tigers twice (07 and 08) and prolly won on the road both times.  so none at home.  Before Tiger stadium... I cannot recall the name.  Was that the Baker Bowl or was that Philadelphia?

They only played there for 15 years (you haven't named it yet). Oh, and I have to preclude myself now from giving any more answers.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#7 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

That's a guess, YOU DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!

According to Wikipedia, it was Bennett Park:  http://en.wikipedia....t_Park_(Detroit)

Correct, the Cubs beat the Tigers on the road both years.  Congrats on not overthinking it and wanting to worry about the pre-1900's championships.

#8 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

According to Wikipedia, it was Bennett Park:  http://en.wikipedia....t_Park_(Detroit)

Correct, the Cubs beat the Tigers on the road both years.  Congrats on not overthinking it and wanting to worry about the pre-1900's championships.

We've only won 2 WS. The others were NL pennants. The first WS wasn't until 1903.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#9 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

We've only won 2 WS. The others were NL pennants. The first WS wasn't until 1903.

I know, simpler things have been over-thunk before.

#10 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

I know, simpler things have been over-thunk before.

Around here? Never.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#11 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

I was just looking a little at the 1st WS. Confusingly, there it was an 8 game series. Boston won 5-3 after being down 3-1 early in the series. Why would there ever have been an even number of games?

Also, total attendance for the series was 100,429.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).