11 replies to this topic

#1 Jed Jam Band

Jed Jam Band

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:@DavidVocals91
  • LocationMunster, IN (Home)/Bloomington, IN (College)

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

The entire world seems to think Kyle Hendricks is going to Iowa.  I can't seem to find anything official to suggest this, but his family and friends are congratulating him on the promotion on Twitter.  If true, it seems oddly timed to me.  Tennessee is in the middle of a very serious playoff push and Hendricks is easily their best starting pitcher and Cabrera has been moved up already, so where would the pitching come from?  Also, despite some recent clearing out, the AAA rotation is still a bit stuffed.  Not sure what is going on here.  Ideas?  Thoughts?

#2 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

I am hearing rave reviews on Hendricks.  I wonder what is his ceiling exactly. Mid rotation, right?

#3 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

I am hearing rave reviews on Hendricks.  I wonder what is his ceiling exactly. Mid rotation, right?

BETTER THAN PUIG!

#4 #1lahairfan

#1lahairfan

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess I really don't know what to make of this.

#5 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Mid rotation for a ceiling sounds about right.  He likely slots in as a fourth of fifth starter so long as he can continue to hit his spots.

I think his stuff is a little better than generally advertised, but not good enough to push him to above mid-rotation status.

#6 DustinS

DustinS

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

There was a tweet yesterday that he was removed off the Smokies roster and told to pack his bags for a move up, but I can't seem to find the tweet today so I'm not sure if it was deleted or just buried in a swamp of posts.  On the Smokies site he is still on the roster, but the official one tends to be a day or 2 behind actual moves.

#7 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

There was a tweet yesterday that he was removed off the Smokies roster and told to pack his bags for a move up, but I can't seem to find the tweet today so I'm not sure if it was deleted or just buried in a swamp of posts.  On the Smokies site he is still on the roster, but the official one tends to be a day or 2 behind actual moves.

If that is true, than good to hear and good for him.

#8 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

http://smokiesonradi...-iowa-expected/

Not sure what he's doing in Mesa first, but he is definitely getting ready to head to Iowa. 

#9 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

I wonder if the Cubs are expecting another move regarding Iowa's roster before adding Hendricks.

Because I'm not sure why they would promote a guy from Double A to Triple A by way of Rookie Ball either.

#10 ced landrum

ced landrum

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

I wonder if the Cubs are expecting another move regarding Iowa's roster before adding Hendricks.

Because I'm not sure why they would promote a guy from Double A to Triple A by way of Rookie Ball either.

Yeah very strange.  Iowa does have a glut of starters though so maybe they are trying to keep him on schedule while they clear some things up. 

#11 Mike Taylor (no relation)

Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Just saw on the Twit machine that Hendricks is going to start Thursday for Iowa.

#12 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Cool, i'm gonna go down and check him out. Oh and look at that it's a Thursday so I get my first mug of beer FREE!!!

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).