Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

If Abreu bat is as good as advertised I don't care where the Cubs play him so long as he is in a Cubs uniform.

And if he's not in with the Cubs I'd like to see him on an AL team.  A really bad AL team that is no risk to face the Cubs in the World Series in a few years.

#47 jkppkj

jkppkj

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

If Abreu bat is as good as advertised I don't care where the Cubs play him so long as he is in a Cubs uniform.

I saw some ridiculous projections that make me completely agree with this.  

Hell, why not make everyone happy, sign Abreu, put him on a lawn chair on the left field foul line so he doesn't hurt himself and bring back Tony Campana and Sam Fuld, because we all know they're like as fast as Usain Bolt and can cover mad amounts of ground.

#48 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

I saw some ridiculous projections that make me completely agree with this.  

Hell, why not make everyone happy, sign Abreu, put him on a lawn chair on the left field foul line so he doesn't hurt himself and bring back Tony Campana and Sam Fuld, because we all know they're like as fast as Usain Bolt and can cover mad amounts of ground.

Never put Campana in a place where he needs to cover more than his share of ground. He may be super duper faster than fast, but his routes and jumps on the ball are horrible. Then when he does track down the ball he wouldn't be able to throw the ball all the way to the cut-off man and if he does it's because the middle infielder busted his butt to run to the halfway point.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#49 Rizzo1684

Rizzo1684

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTatooine

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

Please never mention Campana again.  I am very interested to see what Abreu gets in the offseason.  Its very easy to just say White Sox, Red Sox, or Rangers and those are the teams I would put my money on but if the Cubs think he is close to the player that I'm reading about then I really hope we make a hard push for him.  I just can't buy into all the fans saying the Cubs are not going to be active in the free agent market.  Why would they go so hard after Anibal Sanchez or sign Edwin Jackson if they were planning on doing 2 straight years of rebuilding.  I am going to keep screaming from my soap box that the Cubs will make a lot of bigger moves this off season and put a team on the field that could be in the playoff race or finish close to .500 (those bigger moves will not be Cano.)

#50 jkppkj

jkppkj

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Please never mention Campana again.

I hope y'all understand I was as serious about going to get Campana as I was about literally putting Abreu on a lawn chair on the field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).