#1 Timothy Scarbrough

Timothy Scarbrough

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Whether you think the Cubs should try to win or lose every game for the rest of the year, there is little arguing that the Cubs have been losing a lot of games over the past week or so.

Right now the Cubs have the fifth worst record in the league and are currently a game and a half ahead (behind?) the Brewers for the fourth worst record, 6  and 6 and half ahead of the White Sox and Marlins respectively. The Astros have all but cemented being the worst team in the majors and have a 12.5 games worst then the Cubs. The Cubs are also only a single half game behind the Twins, and could slide down the draft board as well.

With 7 games left against the Brewers, four of which will be at Miller, and 3 left with Miami, what do you think the chances of the Cubs making it down (up?) to the fourth, third or even second worst record in the majors?

Personally I think the Cubs will fall behind Milwaukee, but finish with a better record then the Marlins and White Sox.

#2 Timothy Scarbrough

Timothy Scarbrough

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

It is also probably valid to mention that the Cubs have nine series against teams that would be in the playoffs if the season ended today.

#3 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

I would probably say for the Ceiling (floor) would be 7th and the floor (ceiling) would be 2nd

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#4 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Twitter:@xruben31
  • Facebook:Xavier Ruben Rice
  • LocationStreator, Illinois

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

I don't think they'll fall out of 5th place, with the lineups we've been throwing at teams and the competition we have upcoming we could seriously come close to 1st (last) place.

#5 Timothy Scarbrough

Timothy Scarbrough

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

I don't think they'll fall out of 5th place, with the lineups we've been throwing at teams and the competition we have upcoming we could seriously come close to 1st (last) place.

I really doubt that. The Astros are remarkably terrible. They actually have more players that have accrued negative WAR (24 Astros have been below replacement level) on the season than positive(17).

#6 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

God the Astros suck...

#7 sven-erik312

sven-erik312

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

There, you see? There is always someone worse than us!

#8 morrisey23

morrisey23

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:DavidMorrisey17

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

I would bet the floor is the 4th pick and the ceiling is the 7th.  the Astros, Soxs, and Marlins aren't going to start winning anytime soon. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).