Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Reds v. Cubs - August 12, 2013 (TV: CSN+)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

OOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPs.

#32 jkppkj

jkppkj

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

Lake out at 3rd, bad baserunning decision or good defense?

Gray area, but in my book, Choo gets more credit than Lake gets debit.

Highlight finally popped up an MLB gamecenter for that play.  I'd say it was a good aggressive decision by Lake to try to get to 3rd with less than 2 outs in a game where both pitcher were cruising.  Really solid play by Choo, the spin on the ball made it bounce to the side so he could perfectly move his momentum into the throw.

#33 jkppkj

jkppkj

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Well, still a very solid outing from Wood, I had a feeling that walking Frazier would bite him in the ass.  Let's get some runs now

#34 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

I guess Murphy doesn't know who Latos is. 2 for 3.

#35 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

Up until the Phillips HR, this has been a great game.  It would be an excellent one if the Cubs could come back...........

#36 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

I should really stay off the game day thread when I'm watching delayed. Phillips is at bat right now for me.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#37 jkppkj

jkppkj

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Anyone know where I can pull stats for the team's production from a given position?  It's amazing the production the Cubs have got out of third base from Ransom/Valbuena/Murphy, given that none of them would even likely be getting many ABs at 3rd on a good number of teams.

#38 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

Anyone know where I can pull stats for the team's production from a given position?  It's amazing the production the Cubs have got out of third base from Ransom/Valbuena/Murphy, given that none of them would even likely be getting many ABs at 3rd on a good number of teams.
Here you go.
http://www.fangraphs...lter=&players=0

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#39 jkppkj

jkppkj

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

I feel like PH'ing Watkins for Wood was more about getting ABs for Watkins than actually putting a better hitter at the plate.

#40 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

It's a total 2.8 WAR for the year combined from the position.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#41 jkppkj

jkppkj

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Here you go.
http://www.fangraphs...lter=&players=0

Thank you sir, I've been spending more time on FanGraphs all week, I've always disliked how it looks with all that green, but the info is better in a lot of ways compared to baseball-reference.  Although it's not quite what I want, I think that's just showing all the players on the roster that are designated as 3B, I'd like to know exactly what they got while playing 3B so I could compare to other teams.

#42 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Question:  Will the Cubs a) score, B) tie, c) get blanked?

#43 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

Here you go.http://www.fangraphs...lter=&players=0
Thank you sir, I've been spending more time on FanGraphs all week, I've always disliked how it looks with all that green, but the info is better in a lot of ways compared to baseball-reference.  Although it's not quite what I want, I think that's just showing all the players on the roster that are designated as 3B, I'd like to know exactly what they got while playing 3B so I could compare to other teams.
You are correct, I just checked and a ransom has 42 games at 3B, but it shows him with (I think) 51 games under 3B page.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#44 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

I like FG better than B-R. To each their own. I know Hansman prefers B-R. I actually prefer the green to B-R as well.

I'm pretty sure I would rather have Detroit's production from there though.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#45 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

I like FG better than B-R. To each their own. I know Hansman prefers B-R. I actually prefer the green to B-R as well.

I'm pretty sure I would rather have Detroit's production from there though.

I think 29 other teams would like Detroit's production at third.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).