TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

The problem with me is that I get a little tunnel vision and don't give a flaming rats ass who's doing well if they aren't a Cub. Obviously I'm *aware* there's other teams and players. Apparently there's something called the "American League"???

Yeah, um... pretty much.

#18 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

The problem with me is that I get a little tunnel vision and don't give a flaming rats ass who's doing well if they aren't a Cub. Obviously I'm *aware* there's other teams and players. Apparently there's something called the "American League"???

Yea, that is the nice (terrbile?) thing about playing, is that it kind of forces you to pay attention to the rest of the league.

#19 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

I am SO in! I love fantasy baseball, but haven't played in years. Do they have leagues that utilize sabermetrics?

I know FanGraphs has their otteneu leagues, which anyone can join and use all sorts of advanced stats. For our league, could we pretty-please not use batting average? I'd love wOBA, but anything other than batting average would be much appreciated

Clearly batting average is the most important stat. Even more important than winning. -Jose Reyes

Clearly individual accomplishments for veterans is more important than keeping my job.

- Mike Quade

Count me in, as long as I don't have to run the thing and it isnt fantasy football, I LOVE IT.

#20 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

Anyone want to do weird rules with it, like, every team has to have a Cub on it?

Also, would anyone want to do a long-haul type keeper league in addition to the one already discussed?

#21 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Twitter:SamVari7
  • Facebook:sam.varipapa
  • LocationBaltimore MD & Huntington WV

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

Id be down for a keeper league
"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."- Hunter S. Thompson

#22 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

Anyone want to do weird rules with it, like, every team has to have a Cub on it? Also, would anyone want to do a long-haul type keeper league in addition to the one already discussed?

Keeper leagues are fun - depends on where the league is and if we include minor leaguers. Right now, just from reading on their site, I have a huge hard-on for a FanGraphs league.

#23 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:32 PM

Never played before but I'd be done for it.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#24 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Twitter:SamVari7
  • Facebook:sam.varipapa
  • LocationBaltimore MD & Huntington WV

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

Ok first of all in order for this to happen we need to decide what site we are going to use.

I personally prefer CBS, they do a good job of showing the players stats and it also shows which players are on hot streaks and which players are on cold streaks, and it is very easy for to use (which may be good for those of you who have never played before). Also it has an iPhone app which is also easy to use.
"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."- Hunter S. Thompson

#25 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

personally, im a big yahoo fan, and would prefer it. the app is free and useful, and the leagues are highly customizable. /mytwocents

#26 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

personally, im a big yahoo fan, and would prefer it. the app is free and useful, and the leagues are highly customizable. /mytwocents

Shouldn't you kids be studying for finals rather than visiting this place?
Sheesh.

#27 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

Shouldn't you kids be studying for finals rather than visiting this place?
Sheesh.

My traffic of this site goes up about a thousand percent right before big tests and assignment due dates. It's a procrastinator's haven.

#28 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

I love fantasy sports, so I will say count me in as well, but there appears to be quite an interest already and I don't think a 30 team league would work well.

#29 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

I love fantasy sports, so I will say count me in as well, but there appears to be quite an interest already and I don't think a 30 team league would work well.

I don't think we have too many takers yet, and if we eventually do, I'm sure we could do two different leagues.

#30 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

I don't think we have too many takers yet, and if we eventually do, I'm sure we could do two different leagues.

Yea, like the English do with their soccer, two (or more) 10-team leagues, best 5 from each league go to same league next year, bottom five the other. and then every year do the same thing, with a top league an bottom league!

And yea, TWC, I'm in finals week now, but there's always at least 10 minutes a day to come here and tool around

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).