MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Look at Chris responding to his bat single with speed... Do you remember what it went for at it's peak?

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#17 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

My collecting geek sense was tingling...

The 89 Griffey is still a good card ....graded it goes for.

That would be as a PSA 8, 9 or 10....there are over 17,000 of them graded though ....so I would say sell...sell....sell

Pfft.  I was poor. Never had the card.

Wait, no I do have the Bowman (I think.  In a box somewhere).  Never had the Upper Deck.

#18 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

The Bowman isn't worth much...doesn't even make the Sports Market Report...

I get it monthly.....

Yes, I am a nerd

#19 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

Dang, I was and I'm poor yet I was able to collect all but the Upperdeck Griffey. The one that I'm most proud of is the 89' Score card. Oswego Chris, other than the Upperdeck card. What is the 2nd best rookie card for Griffey?

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#20 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

Dang, I was and I'm poor yet I was able to collect all but the Upperdeck Griffey. The one that I'm most proud of is the 89' Score card. Oswego Chris, other than the Upperdeck card. What is the 2nd best rookie card for Griffey?

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but if he were to excuse the Upperdeck card and then find the 2nd best card, wouldn't that be his 3rd best rookie card overall? /s

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#21 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but if he were to excuse the Upperdeck card and then find the 2nd best card, wouldn't that be his 3rd best rookie card overall? /s

I'm not an engineer but what I was trying to say is other than the Upperdeck card what card would be Griffey's best rookie card? I say it's the Score card just because it was the hardest for me to find.

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#22 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

I'm not an engineer but what I was trying to say is other than the Upperdeck card what card would be Griffey's best rookie card? I say it's the Score card just because it was the hardest for me to find.

Yeah, I realize what you were trying to say. I was just being snarky about it. That's why I ended with "/s".

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#23 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

I used to subcribe to Beckett card monthly and there was a section they would do often called "fun cards" that reminds me of baseball card vandals. I had forgot about this and when I dug into my beckett collection I found the June 1990 issue
 3767396.jpg?325?1539439

Bo knows knee problems.
Hip problems, it was his hip.
It was replaced in 1991. He played for two year after the surgery, but never had the same speed. He ended up retiring during the strike.

Bo knows gettin' whooped:
http://www.cnn.com/v...S: Top Stories)

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).