Hawkeye

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Twitter:@hawkeyedsm
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

Anybody else really feel let down so far this week. I totally planned on having to up my screen at least 20 times a day because there would be so much chatter. (Brett, not a slam at you at all, just nothing to write about) For a week that was supposed to be one of first real glimpes into the workings of our newly hired FO, this has been a let down, and it is already half over. I hope the next half is more exciting than the first.

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,641 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

I genuinely believe the Pujols thing held everyone else up. Even if half the teams/free agents were ready to roll, they couldn't do anything because the other half weren't.

We'll see what happens over the next couple days. As a person who geeks out over rumors/trades/signings/etc., I'm bummed. But I'm not yet worried about "the plan."

#3 Randy

Randy

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:@randyhinkle
  • LocationPeoria, IL

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

I'm bummed out just because I wanted to get excited about baseball again. On the other hand I'm glad we haven't done anything stupid that would screw us up for years. A lot of the time the big splashes come back to kill you later.

#4 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

The only things we have missed out on were players that I am glad the Cubs havent done anything with.

I agree that it will get REALLY interesting once Pujols gets his "I am the best player in baseball, court me as such" phase out of his system.

#5 Kansas Cubs Fan

Kansas Cubs Fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:@Kansas_Cubs_Fan

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

I'm bummed, but glad there not acting like the Marlins front office... yikes!

#6 Robbo

Robbo

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

It's been slow but as soon as Pujols realizes he doesn't have a better offer than STL and signs already, then the Prince derby should be exiting.

#7 ncsujuri

ncsujuri

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Facebook:ncsujuri
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

Going back to the original poster I think you are missing the forest for the trees, this IS how we should expect our new front office to be. Not the splashy big money deal types but looking for value like Stewart, Bianchi, etc. Doesn't mean we won't be signing big money free agents ever, I just don't expect them to sign guys that will be albatross contracts by the end of them.

- It's a great day for a ballgame, LET'S PLAY TWO!

#8 jwmann2

jwmann2

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:fromthisseat
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

I'm beginning to become skeptical that a Prince Fielder deal is going to happen. Why hasn't it gotten done yet? That's the big question. Word is the Mariners are now making a strong push for him.

If you watch Pujols, you will notice his numbers are still pretty much there but his weight is up. That is one thing I notice with players when I feel like they are losing that drive. Adam Dunn put on a lot of weight last season. Agree with it or not, weight is a big factor in baseball.
MLB Ballparks
Tell Us About Your Seats At Wrigley Field

#9 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

Prince/Boras is waiting to see how Darvish sweepstakes end.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).