Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

Nope. I believed he phrased it so the person he was betting could pick any of his irons for him to use.

YES THAT IS THE CASE!!! THE "ANY PART" OF THE IRON IS INDEED NOT A CLUE!!! WORDS!!! /S

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#17 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Oh duh! The clue is in "it" as in you can hit the ball and catch the iron "it" before the ball hits the ground. 

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#18 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

No, it's really not a trick in words at all. It's about what is left out that you have to do as well.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#19 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Twitter:@jh_03

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

So the other day I was in a golf outing and I tried Spriggs' trick. I bet my brother I couldn't do it, yada yada, and it worked perfectly. I figured I'd eff it up. So, moral of the story is, Spriggs' trick works.. even if you suck at golf!

So, you succeeded and lost the bet?

Haha, I'm an idiot. No, I bet him that I could do it. Nice catch. 

#20 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

Ah man let the cat out the bag. I can't figure it out.

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#21 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Ah man let the cat out the bag. I can't figure it out.

He stomps the ball into the ground, then swings as hard as he can. The club hits the top of the ball and the ball shoots straight up. Catching it is the hardest part lol. 

#22 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

So the other day I was in a golf outing and I tried Spriggs' trick. I bet my brother I couldn't do it, yada yada, and it worked perfectly. I figured I'd eff it up. So, moral of the story is, Spriggs' trick works.. even if you suck at golf!

Wait I did not hear about this trick. What is the yada yada yada?

Spriggs was telling us all about how he can hit a golf ball, with any iron, and catch it before it hits the grounds. He said it may take two attempts, but he'll do it. He takes a full swing and everything. So we had to try to guess how he did it (I won't say how so you can ponder it  :)). 

HaHa!  Nice.  What did you win?  I think one of the keys is to brag big time about how fast you are... that gets them focused on speed being the key... and of course catching a ball from a full swing with any iron would be impossible if there wasn't a trick to it.

#23 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

He wouldn't actually bet me anything of value. He knew there was going to be a trick to it. So we just bet to bet haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).