Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

I look forward to the winter meetings every year and every year I am left totally unsatisfied(like a fella on Prom Night prior to around 1994) I am going to try to stay positive, and look for something good to focus on. I think one of the new goals of the Theotles should be to drive the Chicago White sox out of business....to crush them...make them move.

I have nothing against the White Sox players(except AJ F%#kface). However, I hate 4 out of 5 of their fans, I hate Jerry Reinsdorf(you can personally thank him for many of the CBA changes that hurt the Cubs), I hate Hawk Harrelson, I hate Kenny Williams, I hate Super-Sox fan Mayor Daly and I hate Ed Farmer. Since it appears that we may be a few years(fill in your own 104 year joke) from competing, we may be able to take joy in the fact that the Sox could be in trouble...real trouble.

You young folk may not remember(or weren't alive to know) this but in the late 80's the White Sox were oh so close to moving to St. Petersburg. The city even had a stadium built for them. Denver was also mentioned a lot. It actually appeared as though we may be rid of these pests from our area. Then a last minute stadium deal kept them here, and they opened up a beautiful new late 70's early 1980's style park ...in 1991(with the help of state money, I might add).

20 years later why am I talking of the possible demise of the White Sox? How about this interesting stat...Since that opening season in 1991, the White Sox have only been higher than the average American League attendence 5 times! The first three years in the new park, 2001 and 2006. Think about that. Even in their fluke season that was 2005, they still didn't even draw as much as the American League average! The average!

Now Sox fans will tell you it's because they are smarter baseball fans, and they don't come out if the team isn't good and blah, blah, blah. Whatever. Give whatever reason you want to give, but I see the Sox as a franchise in trouble. Here is why.

They had one of the top five payrolls in all of baseball last year. They went all in! Actually, I give them credit, they tend to go all in every year...but they still can't draw. So now that they are going into a "rebuild", take a guess on how this year's attendence will be?
Chairman Reinsdorf does not like to lose money.(well none of us do really, but rich people hate it more than most, that's why they are rich I guess) So you can count on Kenny stripping as much salary as possible, and they will go young. The problem with that, their farms system makes the Cubs look like a superstar factory. It's barren, void...from Kenny going all in.

I may be way off here, but think about this. They won the World Series in 2005, and they are still like ugly step-cousins compared to the Cubs in terms of relevance. That's why I say it's time to go for the kill! For me it would be almost akin to winning a World Series...driving them out of town. It may sound crazy, but in this economic climate, they could be one of the biggest money-pit franchises in all of sports.

And we will still be here.(probably still without a title though)

#2 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

AFTER WE DESTROY THE WHITE SOX WE WILL CRUSH THE CARDINALS! (Never mind that the Cardinals are tougher to take down than the Russian army in winter)

#3 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitter:SweetJJ1s
  • Facebook:Clay Dodson
  • LocationCookeville, Tennessee

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

God. Fuck Hawk Harrelson. I hate his catch phrases and he makes me want to punch a baby in the face.
Betternews is a Bitterbitch

#4 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:42 AM

God. Fuck Hawk Harrelson. I hate his catch phrases and he makes me want to punch a baby in the face.

Can you imagine being trapped in a room with Harrelson and Quade?? Between catch phrases and nicknames, I'm guessing my head would explode within 5 minutes.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#5 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

First he said...
Posted Image

"He gone"

Then he was like...
Posted Image

"Rabble rabble, Cassie, rabble rabble Darweinie, rabble rabble, pie."

Then I was like...
Posted Image

"OMG"

#6 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

Now that's funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please don't feed the psychos.

#7 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

Thanks. I get bored at work.

I actually get bored a lot.

Ha.

#8 jwmann2

jwmann2

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:fromthisseat
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

White Sox aren't going anywhere. They are a very profitable franchise. Jerry Reinsdorf wouldn't have it any other way.
They offer better baseball and cheaper tickets on the south side.
MLB Ballparks
Tell Us About Your Seats At Wrigley Field

#9 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

White Sox aren't going anywhere. They are a very profitable franchise. Jerry Reinsdorf wouldn't have it any other way.
They offer better baseball and cheaper tickets on the south side.

Rightttttttt.

#10 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

I love the head explosion pic. I need to use that more often.

#11 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

I think im going to start a hobby of creating Memes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).