Recent Topics

Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

3 moves to be ready for the 2015 season.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 KCubsfan

KCubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Here are the 3 moves that will help them compete in 2015.

I will go in order of when they should happen.

First one is Win the bid for Tanaka of Japan.

#2 trade VogelBach, Almora, Soler and a PTBNL for CarGo.

At the deadline trade Castro to pit for Tallion, Glasnow and Kingham. Baez will take over SS.

#2 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Yeah this will happen

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#3 KCubsfan

KCubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

Yeah this will happen

First one is very possible.

#4 Patrick G

Patrick G

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

At the deadline trade Castro to pit for Tallion, Glasnow and Kingham. Baez will take over SS.

Don't think the Cubs will be trading Soler since he's under control for so long and still very young. Also don't think trading a 23 year old proven shortstop within the division for 3 good pitching prospects will happen. 

#5 JungleDrew

JungleDrew

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

I like that you for think Castro is worth this much... unfortunately he isn't to the Pirates.  Castro, as I have previously pointed out, could be worth alot. The problem is he will only be worth a lot to the right GM, and the Pirates are not likely to waste that kind of talent on him.  I could see the Angel or Mariners doing it, but reality is there are very few teams looking for a Castro-type short stop, and the few that are are not looking to pay top talent for him.

As far as Tanaka I think The Cubs will end up being Darvished on it... the Cubs will offer more than he is worth, however another team will offer FAR more than he is worth (I see Angels or Rangers being the out bidders).

And... CarGo?  that package could bring back Stanton or Price, or someone else amazing.  CarGo is a fantasy favorite for me, but he has really benefited from being in Colorado.  He will not play in Chicago nearly as well.

For Vogs, Soler, and Almora I would expect top of the line, never injured, gonna sign an extention #1 pitching

#6 Rizzo1684

Rizzo1684

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTatooine

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:29 AM

I could see a package of Vogelbach, Baez, and something else for Price.  But to be straight up I don't think I would do the deal.  Baez is really looking like an above avg player and with him being so cost controlled I don't see the value in trading him.  I look at Baez as maybe being another Dan Uggla and while his numbers now are not looking so hot he has avg numbers of .247/.340/.802 with 28 hr's.  That is a million times better then what we are getting out of Barney right now.

#7 KCubsfan

KCubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

[quote name="Patrick G" post="53871" timestamp="1377828159"][quote name="KCubsfan" post="53865" timestamp="1377816199"]
[/quote]

Don't think the Cubs will be trading Soler since he's under control for so long and still very young. Also don't think trading a 23 year old proven shortstop within the division for 3 good pitching prospects will happen.
[/quote

The Cubs are going to end up way to right handed and I think they see that.

The pirates don't have an everyday SS and I think Castro would benefit from being under the Pirates manager.

#8 CubChymyst

CubChymyst

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

I think the FO is going to want to have a balanced line up with RH and LH.  It might come down to the FO needing to make a decision on Baez vs Castro at shortstop to make room for another LH hitter in the outfield or infield.  At this point I think the FO lets Baez play SS at AAA for all of next year until he is a September call up.  The earliest the FO makes a decision between the two is in the winter of 2014, and they might end up keeping both if a different prospect falls out of favor.

#9 KCubsfan

KCubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

I could see a package of Vogelbach, Baez, and something else for Price.  But to be straight up I don't think I would do the deal.  Baez is really looking like an above avg player and with him being so cost controlled I don't see the value in trading him.  I look at Baez as maybe being another Dan Uggla and while his numbers now are not looking so hot he has avg numbers of .247/.340/.802 with 28 hr's.  That is a million times better then what we are getting out of Barney right now.

Price is a one year contract and Cargo is signed through 2018. I won't trade Baez right now anyways.

#10 KCubsfan

KCubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

I like that you for think Castro is worth this much... unfortunately he isn't to the Pirates.  Castro, as I have previously pointed out, could be worth alot. The problem is he will only be worth a lot to the right GM, and the Pirates are not likely to waste that kind of talent on him.  I could see the Angel or Mariners doing it, but reality is there are very few teams looking for a Castro-type short stop, and the few that are are not looking to pay top talent for him.

As far as Tanaka I think The Cubs will end up being Darvished on it... the Cubs will offer more than he is worth, however another team will offer FAR more than he is worth (I see Angels or Rangers being the out bidders).

And... CarGo?  that package could bring back Stanton or Price, or someone else amazing.  CarGo is a fantasy favorite for me, but he has really benefited from being in Colorado.  He will not play in Chicago nearly as well.

For Vogs, Soler, and Almora I would expect top of the line, never injured, gonna sign an extention #1 pitching

CarGo's splits he is hitting for more power and a better avg this year away from Coors. Cargo is also signed through 2016 which is a year longer then Stanton and a lot more then Price. The Cubs are looking to be way to RHed so CarGo would help with that.

Tanaka will be the big splash everyone one has been crying for from the FO for the last 2yrs.

#11 rockoutjerseys

rockoutjerseys

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

like i said in many of my threads I LOVE TAILLON his stuff is ridiculous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).