hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:40 AM

I just did a count of yesterday's comments - there were 750(!). That will not continue, long-term - at least not with as many drive-by comments.

Care to share the all-time hit count? I am sure the reocrd has been either this week or the Epstein week.

#32 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

I just did a count of yesterday's comments - there were 750(!). That will not continue, long-term - at least not with as many drive-by comments.

Jeez... I'll betcha you had to take your shoes off for all that counting, huh?

#33 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

I have been wanting to start my own blog for some time ... on the shit our great-grandparents used to teach our grandparents and parents...

Like, bloodletting, how not to let women or minorities vote, why child labor is the best kind of labor, and how to die young?

#34 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:08 AM

I have been wanting to start my own blog for some time ... on the shit our great-grandparents used to teach our grandparents and parents...

Like, bloodletting, how not to let women or minorities vote, why child labor is the best kind of labor, and how to die young?

I think I have my first loyal follower!!! You forgot that the world is flat...

#35 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

Care to share the all-time hit count? I am sure the reocrd has been either this week or the Epstein week.

Yesterday was definitely the record. I don't keep track of the comments, but I'm sure of it. As for traffic, yesterday was also the record there - pushed past 40,000 page views. That is not the norm.

#36 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

I would still rather have my face smacked off than get dicked in the dick.

You should BE so lucky to get dicked in the dick.

Yep, I'm keeping it classy, as always.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#37 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:41 AM

Anybody peep that "if you like the Chicago Cubs you should check out <some other Cubs blog> 'cause the discussions here are overwhelming and annoying" comment from Saturday or Sunday? (Have no intention to go back and look for it.) Pretty much a bummer, that.

#38 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Twitter:SamVari7
  • Facebook:sam.varipapa
  • LocationBaltimore MD & Huntington WV

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

Thats why I generally stick to the message board, the discussions here are a lot better than they are in the article comment section, and it saddens me to say so
"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."- Hunter S. Thompson

#39 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitter:SweetJJ1s
  • Facebook:Clay Dodson
  • LocationCookeville, Tennessee

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

Anybody peep that "if you like the Chicago Cubs you should check out <some other Cubs blog> 'cause the discussions here are overwhelming and annoying" comment from Saturday or Sunday? (Have no intention to go back and look for it.) Pretty much a bummer, that.

Yeah I saw that. I think the dude had the nerve to say that he liked Bleachernation as well, only to turnaround and say that. Talk about hella annoying.
Betternews is a Bitterbitch

#40 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

I saw it, and it saddened me. I can't say I didn't understand it, though - it was a tough week in the comments, but I think things are improving.

#41 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

Yeah I saw that. I think the dude had the nerve to say that he liked Bleachernation as well, only to turnaround and say that. Talk about hella annoying.

Yeah. Thing is, seems like not too long ago when *we* were the place that folks were going to 'cause the other places got all crapped up.

#42 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

I know I'm knew here (maybe I'm one of the trolls who knows) but if there is policing done by some of the members as well as good dialog it could cut down on the trolls that hang around. It may even convert them over to contributing instead of driving everyone nuts. When I say policing I mean just call them out on it and then let it be (don't get into a pissing contest). Let me know if I'm off base here Brett.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#43 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

Let's be honest, though: outside of a couple drive-by one-timers every now and again, it's two people. Just two people gumming up the works.

And, CB - you're not wrong. But, the thing is, calling those particular two out only makes it worse.

#44 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

That's why it would be great if everyone would just ignore them. But since that won't happen -- even I can't contain myself now and then -- we just goth tough it out.

Makes me pine for the days of the Lou and Paul war though...

#45 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

Is it bad that I wish they would give me a reason to pull the trigger on a ban of sorts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).