Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:37 PM

Wow, I missed some firewoeks last week. I didn't have time to keep up with the comments section. One question, why don't they troll here? There is nothing keeping them from it.

#62 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

I can handle die hard, I've come to read him as a satirist that has no idea he is writing satire, because it is a lunatic.

Heh.

#63 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

Wow, I missed some firewoeks last week. I didn't have time to keep up with the comments section. One question, why don't they troll here? There is nothing keeping them from it.

Eventually some will. But it's much easier to police here (warn status), and the nature of trolls is they like to troll in the easiest possible places. This is a little more complicated.

#64 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

But I'm sure trolls are still reading this thread since just about every time I check in there several "guests" taking a look.

Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#65 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:44 AM

But I'm sure trolls are still reading this thread since just about every time I check in there several "guests" taking a look.

That would be fine with me.

#66 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:01 AM

I was so happy to wake up today and read good insightful comments on the main board, rational, non-aggressive thought is back.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#67 Evolution

Evolution

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:33 AM

Hard to figure out a reason for coming to an anonymous internet board, and going out of your way to upset people...but, if you're looking to take your mean streak out for a walk, a place like this is probably like DisneyWorld. You guys have done a good job ignoring them...

One of these days...BetterNews is going to announce that Aramis was really born in Kenya.

The internet is a nice haven for the lonely...and everyone else. :)

#68 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Twitter:SamVari7
  • Facebook:sam.varipapa
  • LocationBaltimore MD & Huntington WV

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

Its the law of internet anonymity. The internet allows people to remain pretty much anonymous (for all you know I could be a Russian spy from siberia) which makes certain people act like assholes. Unfortunately it just comes with the territory. The only thing we can really do is ignore it, because when you argue with a troll they win.
"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."- Hunter S. Thompson

#69 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

I thought also about posting a wedding registry thread on here. I thought it would be funny since Hansman and I are getting married and all. I was going to register for banana hammocks and buttplugs and regift the plugs to BetterNews. I'm sure he has a lot more uses for them.

Ha, I do need some new banana hammocks, so we can't regift them ALL to BN - just remember, I don't care when the date is, as long as we get married on top of a mountain, although, not sure how you are going to choose, there are so many in Iowa.

#70 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

Its the law of internet anonymity. The internet allows people to remain pretty much anonymous (for all you know I could be a Russian spy from siberia) which makes certain people act like assholes. Unfortunately it just comes with the territory. The only thing we can really do is ignore it, because when you argue with a troll they win.

Da! What comrade Sam said.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#71 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

I thought also about posting a wedding registry thread on here. I thought it would be funny since Hansman and I are getting married and all. I was going to register for banana hammocks and buttplugs and regift the plugs to BetterNews. I'm sure he has a lot more uses for them.

Ha, I do need some new banana hammocks, so we can't regift them ALL to BN - just remember, I don't care when the date is, as long as we get married on top of a mountain, although, not sure how you are going to choose, there are so many in Iowa.

Hush your mouth! Like we'd really regift the hammocks! Just the buttplugs.

As for the mountain, the South side is pretty hilly. We could get married at Southridge since they aren't using it for anything else, that's for damn sure.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#72 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:57 AM

And just when I thought things were getting better, I wake and see that it's back giving everyone WorseNews

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#73 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitter:SweetJJ1s
  • Facebook:Clay Dodson
  • LocationCookeville, Tennessee

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

And just when I thought things were getting better, I wake and see that it's back giving everyone WorseNews

Did I mention that I cant stand BetterNews. Lately there have been some random posts by the "Jihad" Cubs fanbase.

People that really need to get a life.

Jesus. I love the interwebz.
Betternews is a Bitterbitch

#74 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Wow! It is getting particularly snarky out there this afternoon. I may hide out in here for a while.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#75 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

Wow! It is getting particularly snarky out there this afternoon. I may hide out in here for a while.

Phil's a JERK!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).