Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

What are your thoughts on JD's performance this year?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cub Lew

Cub Lew

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@lewboy3
  • LocationSouth Bend

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

As the season draws to a close, I would like to hear the collective thoughts on Jim Deshaies performance as our color guy.  Due to my busy senior schedule at school/work down in Southern Indiana and the my cable provider not having Comcast Sports Net, I missed a lot of telecasts.  In my limited time watching the broadcast I've noticed one thing... I'm not a big fan of Jim.  I don't doubt his baseball accumen but I don't think he displays it well.  Nothing against the guy I just cannot stand listening to him.  Granted I was a big Bob Brenly guy, but I have found that most Cubs fans I've talked to since returning home share the same feelings as me. 

Sorry if this topic was posted earlier, but hearing Jim call a runs "points" for the second time in about a week made me want to rip my ears off and led me to see if anyone shared my sentiment.  Thoughts?

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

I think Len and JD combined go a little bit too goofy at times.  I like JD, but not nearly as much as everyone led me to think I would coming into the year.  He's not so annoying that I want to mute him, though. 

#3 Chrisfchi

Chrisfchi

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Twitter:@chrisfchi
  • LocationHiding somewhere in soxland

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Better than Keith Moreland. That's all I got.

#4 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

I think he is and has been pretty good. At first I believe he and Len were felling each other out, and by mid season they were gelling. And how could they not get a little goofy this year I mean have you been watching this year?

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#5 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

I think he is and has been pretty good. At first I believe he and Len were felling each other out, and by mid season they were gelling. And how could they not get a little goofy this year I mean have you been watching this year?

I never heard them cutting each other down.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#6 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Better than Keith Moreland. That's all I got.

Everything is.  Everything.

#7 Homertone

Homertone

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

We have a troll on the Cubs.com forum that refers to people by their initials.. He also often posts about how Jim is terrible.. I suppose it is just coincidence, but it is strange that someone would create an account and then use their first post to create a thread about how bad "JD" is. 

#8 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

We have a troll on the Cubs.com forum that refers to people by their initials.. He also often posts about how Jim is terrible.. I suppose it is just coincidence, but it is strange that someone would create an account and then use their first post to create a thread about how bad "JD" is. 

Kinda strange that someone would create an account and then use their first post to follow up on a thread about how bad another poster is.

#9 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

I like JD.  I don't like him and Lenny together though.  They wear me out and do not compliment each other at all.  They over analyze everything.  Lenny should announce the f'n game more and stop trying to prove to everyone how smart he is.  Put the f'n PC down and announce the game. 

#10 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

I like JD.  I don't like him and Lenny together though.  They wear me out and do not compliment each other at all.  They over analyze everything.  Lenny should announce the f'n game more and stop trying to prove to everyone how smart he is.  Put the f'n PC down and announce the game. 

Never thought about it that way, but I agree with what you are saying.  They (as a team) seem to be missing something, and it may be that they are too much alike and there isn't enough contrast between them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).