18 replies to this topic

#1 NathanDonald13

NathanDonald13

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

If Prince Fielder goes to Washington, what Michael Morse as an option for first.

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:57 AM

I doubt he'd be made available - he can play in the corner outfield. Also, he'll be 30 by Opening Day, so I'm not sure how interested the Cubs would be.

#3 MightyBear

MightyBear

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationPearland, Texas

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

I think Theo may roll with LaHair at first and give him a shot. I do believe he will have a backup plan if LaHair chokes the chicken. Not sure what the backup plan is.

#4 NathanDonald13

NathanDonald13

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

What about Ike Davis. I think he is on the trade block and solid defensivly and shouldn't be to costly.

#5 Kansas Cubs Fan

Kansas Cubs Fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:@Kansas_Cubs_Fan

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

Ike Davis is 24 and the Mets will probably ask more than you expect. Maybe what or more Chase Headley would cost.

#6 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

I think we may still see Fielder....Morales....or Pena....

#7 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Twitter:SamVari7
  • Facebook:sam.varipapa
  • LocationBaltimore MD & Huntington WV

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

If Prince Fielder goes to Washington, what Michael Morse as an option for first.

If the Nats get Fielder then Michael Morse will play OF, he started last season in LF, the only reason that he played 1B was because Adam LaRoche got hurt. LaRoche will definitely become available should Fielder sign in DC but he isn't a good fit for the Cubs. I also don't see the Cubs getting Mike Trumbo, he is coming off of an outstanding rookie year and I doubt the Angels would trade him, and if they do decide to trade him, there is no way in hell that the Cubs will be able to put together a package for him. The Cubs next 1B will be Fielder Morales or LaHair. Possibly Pena, but I doubt it. It is possible that we could acquire somebody like Jesus Montero in exchange for Garza but thats still a long shot.
"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."- Hunter S. Thompson

#8 Kansas Cubs Fan

Kansas Cubs Fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:@Kansas_Cubs_Fan

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

If the Nats get Fielder then Michael Morse will play OF, he started last season in LF, the only reason that he played 1B was because Adam LaRoche got hurt. LaRoche will definitely become available should Fielder sign in DC but he isn't a good fit for the Cubs. I also don't see the Cubs getting Mike Trumbo, he is coming off of an outstanding rookie year and I doubt the Angels would trade him, and if they do decide to trade him, there is no way in hell that the Cubs will be able to put together a package for him. The Cubs next 1B will be Fielder Morales or LaHair. Possibly Pena, but I doubt it. It is possible that we could acquire somebody like Jesus Montero in exchange for Garza but thats still a long shot.

Its Mark Trumbo and the Angels said hes going to play 3rd for them next year

#9 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

Its Mark Trumbo and the Angels said hes going to play 3rd for them next year

I have no idea why I said mike trumbo. But if he is playing 3rd that probably means if Morales is healthy he will be DH, which means if he is made available we don't want him. So our 1B next season will most likely be Fielder or LaHair.

#10 MightyBear

MightyBear

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

I just don't see the cubs getting Fielder cause Boras wants 8 years. I don't see the cubs going 8 years (at least I hope not). Six would work with a club option buyout in six preferably but I don't see Boras going for that. Even at 25 mil per year.

#11 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

Morales is getting tendered http://www.mlbtrader...ys-morales.html
but is he able to even walk ?

#12 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

Morales is getting tendered http://www.mlbtrader...ys-morales.html
but is he able to even walk ?

I tend to think the Angels have called the bluff of teams interested in Morales (like the Cubs), who refused to trade anything of value to the Angels, believing instead that the Angels would non-tender Morales. Now, they say: ok, fine. You all want him? Well, we're tendering him, and you'll have to make a trade if you want him. Now, we see what happens.

#13 ncsujuri

ncsujuri

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Facebook:ncsujuri
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

I haven't seen what the Angels might be asking for in order to Morales, any rumors out there? I think that kid can absolutely rake...

- It's a great day for a ballgame, LET'S PLAY TWO!

#14 MightyBear

MightyBear

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:29 PM

I read they're going to move Trumbo to 3B and have Morales DH and then move pieces around ie Trumbo DH, morales off, etc

#15 Sam

Sam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

I read they're going to move Trumbo to 3B and have Morales DH and then move pieces around ie Trumbo DH, morales off, etc

They are more than likely going to keep both of them. If the angels look to move anybody it will be Abreu, Wells, and Hunter. If Morales is made available it probably means that he can't play in which case we don't want him. I could see the Cubs picking up James Loney if he isn't tendered by the Dodgers. I still think the Cubs will make a run at Fielder, but it won't happen until after the tender deadline on monday because the Theocracy wants to see who is made available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).