#1 Mike Taylor (no relation)

Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Ken Rosenthal hears that the Miami ownership is contemplating a front office shake up. Whether this has to do with the public unwillingness to trade Giancarlo Stanton remains to be confirmed. If so, we should strike while the iron is hot!

Could we land Stanton in a 3 way deal with the Yankees? Derek Jeter is just a face now and it seems likely they'll buy out his 2014 year. They need a shortstop who can stay healthy. Even though Starlin Castro's value is at an all-time-low, we could still send him to the Yankees for two top twenty prospects. Along with three of our own top ten prospects and one top twenty prospect, we can land Stanton. Almora, Olt, Vogelbach, and Alcantara get the job done.

Samardzija, Schierholtz and PTBNL to the Rockies for LF Carlos Gonzalez.

Sign Robinson Cano to play 2B on a 7/200 deal.

[0.55] CF Junior Lake

[10.0] LF Carlos Gonzalez (L)

[2.55] RF Giancarlo Stanton

[25.0] 2B Robinson Cano (L)

[1.25] 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)

[3.25] C Welington Castillo / FA back up

[1.75] 3B Luis Valbuena (L) / Josh Vitters

[1.65] SS Logan Watkins (L) / Darwin Barney

[1.00] OF Brian Bogusevic (L)

[0.95] IF Donnie Murphy

-47.85-

[1.25] SP Travis Wood (L)

[11.0] SP Edwin Jackson

[0.55] SP Chris Rusin (L)

[5.00] SP Carlos Villanueva

[0.55] SP Kyle Hendricks

-18.35-

[0.55] LR Justin Grimm

[0.55] LR Brooks Raley (L)

[0.75] RP Pedro Strop

[0.55] RP Alberto Cabrera

[1.00] RP Chang-Yong Lim

[1.25] SU James Russell (L)

[0.55] CL Blake Parker

-5.20-

Fujikawa $4M, Soler $2M, Soriano $13M, 40 man roster fillers $6.5M = 25.5

$96.90M payroll

Baker (4.25) + Tanaka (14) + IF veteran (4.25) + Navarro (2.5) = Robinson Cano's salary.

Watkins/Barney are a half-year placeholder for Javier Baez.

#2 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

You have some of the strangest trade and FA signing proposals ever.

I'm not even sure what just happened on that trade but it sounds like:

Castro, Almora, Olt, Vogelbach, and Alcantara for 2 crap-tacular prospects and Giancarlo Stanton.

I'll let you dissect where this trade goes south.

"[25.0] 2B Robinson Cano (L)"

And there is the daily double.

#3 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Twitter:@jh_03

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

I just would like to know how this is named, 'Possible FO Shakeup.'

In what world is this possible? I mean, I guess there's a .000000000000000000000000000001% chance that it's possible, but c'mon.

#4 Nate

Nate

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

I think CarGo would be a great trade for the Cubs though unlikely.  The Rockies are reportedly looking for young position players back.  I'm wondering if something like Alcantrara, Soler and a top 20 prospect would be worth it.

The more I look at the Cubs it seems like Baez and Bryant will be up soon (next year July for Baez, as early as the end of next year for Bryant but that's easily debateable).  That leaves too few left handed bats.  Soler, Almora and Alcantara are farther away and may be tradeable.  Alcantara may be at the hieght of his value.

A Lineup of:

Lake (CF)

Castro (SS)

CarGo (LF) L

Bryant (3B)

Baez (2B)

Rizzo (1B) L

Castillo ©

Schierholtz (RF) L

Sounds pretty good for 2015.  Maybe Ellsbury or Shoo in CF to add another lefty with Lake as the fourth outfielder.  Plus you keep the rotation strong and still have some pieces to trade for a TOR.

#5 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

.......  That leaves too few left handed bats........

Let's remember what happened the last time we needed to "get more left handed".  Don't think any of us want to go there again.

#6 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

"Samardzija, Schierholtz and PTBNL to the Rockies for LF Carlos Gonzalez."

Seriously if the Rockies would except that he'd already be a Cub. Add a big 4 prospect and a few other then maybe we're close. Plus we wouldn't make that trade unless we are certain he can be extended and that won't be cheap.

We've got to stop think teams are as dumb as we wish they were. Because that is a horrible trade for a team that is looking to rebuild. Plus why would they get rid of CarGo if they'd have to extend Shark right after they trade for him.

Ask yourself - would you accept that trade if it was reversed? HELL NO!

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#7 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

Let's remember what happened the last time we needed to "get more left handed".  Don't think any of us want to go there again.

Why not?  That was one of my favorite phrases in all of Cub-dom.  I'd love to have someone seriously utter it again.

#8 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

If Miami agreed to that trade there would definitely be a front office shakeup in that city.  

#9 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

Why not?  That was one of my favorite phrases in all of Cub-dom.  I'd love to have someone seriously utter it again.

If you say it three times out loud in a dark room while facing a mirror, Milton Bradley will appear with a baseball bat and a half-drunk bottle of cheap gin.

Only twice and Glendon Rusch makes a mess of your pots and pans

#10 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

If you say it three times out loud in a dark room while facing a mirror, Milton Bradley will appear with a baseball bat and a half-drunk bottle of cheap gin.

Only twice and Glendon Rusch makes a mess of your pots and pans

He also gives up 8 runs in 3 innings pitched while being praised for his versatility, every damn time. 

#11 Patrick G

Patrick G

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

Kind of off topic, but listening to NY radio yesterday and someone called in mentioning that Baez is on the rise and proposed some of the Mets top pitching prospects(Syndergaard, Montero) for Castro since the Mets have a gaping hole at SS. 

The hosts said they would not do it and think Syndergaard is untouchable and would even question trading him for Stanton/CarGo. I'm not a fan of trading Castro just yet since he is still so young and under a very friendly contract. But is this hometown people just over-analyzing the potential of their prospects? They have Wheeler and Harvey as top of the rotation starters, with Niese as a valuable 3. I don't see how trading an unproven prospect for a young proven player is questioned. 

#12 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

Trying to think the Mets...

I'd do Syndergaard for Cargo and probably for Stanton, depending on who else is in the deal, but not for Baez.  Baez still has too much bust risk to be worth gambling an arm like Syndergaard on.

#13 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

I'd do Syndergaard for Cargo and probably for Stanton, depending on who else is in the deal, but not for Baez.  Baez still has too much bust risk to be worth gambling an arm like Syndergaard on.

Yeah a prospect for prospect swap is not exactly adding value. Hell if we trade Baez I hope we get someone established like Stanton, Price, or CarGo

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#14 Patrick G

Patrick G

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Not sure if this was a reply to my previous post, but I meant Syndergaard for Castro since Baez is coming fast and can replace Castro. I would never do Baez for Syndergaard, prospect swaps are top risky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).