MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

So who has upgraded? What do we think? I will say I was surprised how quickly it downloaded this time when iOS 6 was released it took hours to download and install this time I was done in about 30 min. Not sure what if I'm impressed it's quite a cosmetic update but not sure if I'm finding it any better than the previous updates. So far the only thing I'm impressed with is the Control Center and auto app upgrading.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#2 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Twitter:@jh_03

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

I really like the ability to swipe up on the screen and pull up your music player. I know it's small, but it's pretty nifty. I also like that if you double tap the home button it brings up all of your open apps, so you can navigate through them easier. Finally, I do like look of the new design. I don't know if I'd call any of these things "major" upgrades, but they're nice to have. Supposedly Air Drop is supposed to be pretty cool, but I haven't used it yet. 

One minor thing I really don't like: Before, if you unplugged your headphones it would pause your music player. Now it just keeps playing, but silences it. Not that big of a deal, just kind of annoying

#3 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Before, if you unplugged your headphones it would pause your music player. Now it just keeps playing...

For reals?!  Dumb.

#4 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

I also like that if you double tap the home button it brings up all of your open apps, so you can navigate through them easier.

This was there before. I use it all the time.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#5 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

What is iOS 7?

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#6 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

iPhone/iPad operating system (in case you weren't joking).

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#7 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

okay, I thought that's what it was. 

I rock a Zune an a HTC phone so yeah.

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#8 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Is it the HTC I posted a picture of in a different thread? That would go perfectly with a Zune.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#9 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

update.png

You lie, Apple.

(My iPad is updated... meh.)

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#10 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

I also like that if you double tap the home button it brings up all of your open apps, so you can navigate through them easier.

This was there before. I use it all the time.

Yeah, but it's much prettier now.

#11 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

What really cheeses me about the update to iOS7 is that all the rest of my apps updated.  Most of them don't bother me, but that stupid-ass Twitter update with the blue line "conversation" feature makes me seethe with fury.

#12 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Is it the HTC I posted a picture of in a different thread? That would go perfectly with a Zune.

That's the one. I kid about my zune but really it's a hell of a good deal. Better than the i pod and i store. I pay $10 a month for unlimited downloads. Now my girlfriend uses it all the time over her i pod and i store.

#13 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

What really cheeses me about the update to iOS7 is that all the rest of my apps updated.  Most of them don't bother me, but that stupid-ass Twitter update with the blue line "conversation" feature makes me seethe with fury.

That may be a good reason for me not to update to iOS7. I still haven't updated my app for Twitter.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#14 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

That's the one. I kid about my zune but really it's a hell of a good deal. Better than the i pod and i store. I pay $10 a month for unlimited downloads. Now my girlfriend uses it all the time over her i pod and i store.

The next model up (8525) was my first 3G phone. The 8125 (picture in the other thread) was my first smartphone. That was the phone that allowed me to throw away my Palm Pilot.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#15 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

That may be a good reason for me not to update to iOS7. I still haven't updated my app for Twitter.

But it's really pretty.

It's possible that I f'ed something up ... it was late last night and I was exhausted when I DL'ed the update.  I might have agreed to something that I ended up regretting in the morning.  (Not for the first time.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).