Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Twitter:SamVari7
  • Facebook:sam.varipapa
  • LocationBaltimore MD & Huntington WV

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

Tebow does just enough to win games, but ALL of the credit for Denvers success should go to the defense. Denver's defense has been dominating the opposing team during this win streak. All that can be said of Tebow is that he is a good leader and he shows up to play in the 4th quarter. However, the only team that they have played that was any good since Tebow has become the started was the Lions (and I guess the Bears but not really, w/o Jay Cutler what do you expect). Next week we find out if the Broncos are for real when they play the Pats.
"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."- Hunter S. Thompson

#17 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

I overheard Caleb Hanie ask reporters last night what Orlovsky's success is attributed to and how Painter kept his job as long as he did.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#18 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitter:SweetJJ1s
  • Facebook:Clay Dodson
  • LocationCookeville, Tennessee

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

Tebow does just enough to win games, but ALL of the credit for Denvers success should go to the defense. Denver's defense has been dominating the opposing team during this win streak. All that can be said of Tebow is that he is a good leader and he shows up to play in the 4th quarter. However, the only team that they have played that was any good since Tebow has become the started was the Lions (and I guess the Bears but not really, w/o Jay Cutler what do you expect). Next week we find out if the Broncos are for real when they play the Pats.

The Patriots defense is garbage. Denver will have one hell of a time trying to stop their offense though.

I pray to Tebow that Tebow gets things done again.
Betternews is a Bitterbitch

#19 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

I'm not much of a football fan and I hate that piece of shit, that cock sucking grin he gets after his team makes a play for him makes me want to snap his damn neck. GOD DOESN'T HELP YOU WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!

Really? Thats where you went? Lame, dude, lame. I mean, I got no love for Jesus Tebow and all, but the epithetical anti-gay screed makes you look like a huge jerk. Huge.

#20 MightyBear

MightyBear

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationPearland, Texas

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

I like Tebow and I think he's a good guy. I'm pulling for him because all the "experts" say he can't quarterback. All you smart guys on this board are saying its the defense, its the kicker, its the o-line. Answer this question then - The Broncos were 1-4 with the other quarterback and the same players, now they're 8-5. Did they get a new defense, new kicker, new o-line? No its the same players. They got a new QB and he's a winner. The Bears did give the Broncos the game yesterday but with Tebow at QB they took advantage of the gift and turned it into a victory.

#21 Kansas Cubs Fan

Kansas Cubs Fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:@Kansas_Cubs_Fan

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

I'm not much of a football fan and I hate that piece of shit, that cock sucking grin he gets after his team makes a play for him makes me want to snap his damn neck. GOD DOESN'T HELP YOU WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!

Really? Thats where you went? Lame, dude, lame. I mean, I got no love for Jesus Tebow and all, but the epithetical anti-gay screed makes you look like a huge jerk. Huge.

Yeah I went a little overboard with that one.
Sorry if I offended anyone, I already edited that post, sorry again!

#22 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

Yeah I went a little overboard with that one.
Sorry if I offended anyone, I already edited that post, sorry again!

Thanks, KCF! I appreciate it.

#23 Captainplanet54

Captainplanet54

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

I like Tebow and I think he's a good guy. I'm pulling for him because all the "experts" say he can't quarterback. All you smart guys on this board are saying its the defense, its the kicker, its the o-line. Answer this question then - The Broncos were 1-4 with the other quarterback and the same players, now they're 8-5. Did they get a new defense, new kicker, new o-line? No its the same players. They got a new QB and he's a winner. The Bears did give the Broncos the game yesterday but with Tebow at QB they took advantage of the gift and turned it into a victory.

The defense isn't different but they've played completely different I feel 90% of their success is all thanks to their defense and John Fox for actually changing the offense to fit Tebow. I really don't think there is a chance in hell Tebow stays successful in this league for much longer. Oh, and Von Miller is dirty good.

#24 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

Von Miller did have a nice game, but that Bears O-line seems to be regressing. The past two weeks Lance Louis has been channeling his inner Frank Omiyale.

:wacko:
Please don't feed the psychos.

#25 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

Tim Tebow may be one of those guys who elevates those around him but if you go here:
http://espn.go.com/n...ingYardsPerGame
or here:
http://espn.go.com/n...t/completionPct
or here:
http://espn.go.com/n...sPerPassAttempt
or here:
http://espn.go.com/n...arterbackRating
(he is 14th in the last one, even with an 11/2 TD/INT ratio.
you will see that it is HIGHLY improbable that Tebow is THE difference between the 1-4 start and the 7-1 streak. He may do "nothin but win" but the dude is NOT an NFL QB.

#26 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

Why does everybody hate the guy? All he does is the best he can and gives all the credit to his team. He is unselfish and always gives max effort. I can understand hating the mania, but it seams that hate is at him personally, why?

#27 MightyBear

MightyBear

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationPearland, Texas

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

The defense isn't different but they've played completely different I feel 90% of their success is all thanks to their defense and John Fox for actually changing the offense to fit Tebow. I really don't think there is a chance in hell Tebow stays successful in this league for much longer. Oh, and Von Miller is dirty good.

90% probably is the defense playing better but do you think the defense might play better cause Orton hasn't thrown 3 picks a game and put them on a short field or Tebow runs for several first downs and controls the clock or doesn't take a sack like Orton did all the time and give the defense a longer field to work with? Can't be any of those things cause the defense is just playing better now. Von Miller is a beast I'll give you that.

#28 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitter:SweetJJ1s
  • Facebook:Clay Dodson
  • LocationCookeville, Tennessee

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

Tim Tebow may be one of those guys who elevates those around him but if you go here:
http://espn.go.com/n...ingYardsPerGame
or here:
http://espn.go.com/n...t/completionPct
or here:
http://espn.go.com/n...sPerPassAttempt
or here:
http://espn.go.com/n...arterbackRating
(he is 14th in the last one, even with an 11/2 TD/INT ratio.
you will see that it is HIGHLY improbable that Tebow is THE difference between the 1-4 start and the 7-1 streak. He may do "nothin but win" but the dude is NOT an NFL QB.

And so what if he isnt your run of the mill QB? The point a lot of people are making, is that he is WINNING games. You can throw stats around brother but at the same time would you want someone with the stats of Rex Grossman or Tim Tebow? Just curious because the Redskins suck and Denver actually leads their division.
Betternews is a Bitterbitch

#29 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

Its just kind of crazy how polarizing this debate has become. People either think Tebow deserves ALL off the credit, or NONE. Certainly, it is somewhere in be between. Like, maybe10 to 50% should really be the extremes. Because I doubt any one player can have more than a 50% impact on a game, and is also hard to believe that any QB could have less than a 10% impact. And more likely, the actual number is probably somewhere in the middle. Like, 30%`

#30 MC2

MC2

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Facebook:Mark Comparet
  • LocationFort Wayne, In.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

They have a good defensive team in Denver who has been oft injured the last couple of years and are now getting healthy. What are they gonna say when he gets it handed to him like he did against Detroit the next time, "Oh Timmy must not have gone to church this week." or "It was Satan's fault!". The media hype is killing me. I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut Cam Newton takes Carolina to the promised land before Teabag gets there. Rivera will get that Defense turned around in Carolina and Tebow and Denver will be a after thought and John Fox will be in the booth for CBS.

On a side note: I agree Lovie needs to be on the next train out of town along with Martz. I had secretly hoped that Martz would be exposed as Sam Hurds business partner when I awoke today, DAMN NO SUCH LUCK! Oh, Angelo can go to he's the ass clown who signed Hurd to the 3yr. 5.15 million contract. 8 receptions for 150 yards no TD's, they had to cut him so at the end of the season they didn't have make up excuses for his contract... ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).