Recent Topics

Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Chicago Sports Celebrity Roster....deals, waivers...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Not that anyone has been missing Oswego Chris posting on the message board, but I will explain my recent absence. I have been busy getting the updated version of my book, now entitled Beyond Bartman, Curses and Goats 105 Reasons Why It's Been 105 years completed for my big Christmas push.  This included much editing, garnering some really cool semi-big time endorsemnts, and new writing.  I am grateful to those who bought and read 104, yet I feel compelled to apoliogize for a few of the typos and mistakes.

A great follow on Twitter(other than @BBCG104Reasons) is @NotTomRicketts.  On Tuesday during the Pirates game, after they showed actor Michael Keaton in the crowd rooting for the Pirates, the faux Mr. Ricketts tweetd out that we(Chicago) should trade Jim Belushi for Michael Keaton.

There is no way Pittsburgh makes this deal.

I have long been a fan of Mr. Keaton, and think he is a tremendous talent.  My warped mind immediately started to think of Chicago Celebs we could trade for Keaton.  Obviously, Belushi, would not be enough...in fact I think Pittsburgh would be more interested in the right to claim John Belushi as one of their own...and he has been dead since 1982.  So here is who we have on our roster, their value, and I welcome BN readers  to post additions thoughts and suggestions on how to get Keaton

BILL MURRAY- He is an untouchable in my opinion...if you saw his recent appearance on Letterman, I still think he is one of top 5 funniest guys on the planet.  Just the image of Murray wearing the Bear Down hat in the 85 play-offs makes him a lifer...and if you watched the game he subbed for Harry back in the late 80's....awesome.

JOHN CUSACK- a polarizing figure it seems, I met him at a Cubs' game back in '89(well, I said "Hi John" and he said "hi" back)...his glomming on to the '05 Sox was disappointing...and I hear conflicting reports on what he is like...he's made some good movies...but he may be tradable

VINCE VAUGHN- I think his fandom is legit...and even though he has been in a cinematic slump...he is still relatively young...I woudn't trade him

JEREMY PIVEN-  I am one of the only people who tired of his Ari Gold character on Entourage, I liked him better when he was just a character actor, in minor roles...I would deal him...some may disagree

CM PUNK- for most people Pro Wrestling is a joke, but if you have seen this guy work, he has legit talent, humor, charisma...and he is a die-hard fan...to me he is one of our top Chicago Celeb prospects...untouchable in my book...he will be in movies one day

JIM BELUSHI- Soriano will have more value in 5 years than this guy...warranted or not, most fans have turned on him...we will have to include loads of cash to unload him.

JEFF GARLIN-  if you watch Curb your Enthusiasm, you won't want to trade him.

GARY SINESE-  Its been a long time since Lt. Dan....tradeable

"Funny Man" TOM DRIESSEN- apparently this guy used to hang with Sinatra, maybe that gave him a pass for life, but he has been popping up on broadcasts since I was a kid and I don't think I have ever laughed at one thing he has said.

feel free to add people I left off, and their worth...

#2 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Definitely dump Piven, and get rid of Vaughn while his value is high.

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#3 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

That's funny...you don't think we might be selling low on Vaughn?...he hasn't had a big hit in awhile....

#4 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

That's funny...you don't think we might be selling low on Vaughn?...he hasn't had a big hit in awhile....

I say "high" as in sell him while he is still stoned. Maybe he wouldn't even know he was in Pittsburgh.  

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#5 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Nick Offerman's gotta be on the team, right?

#6 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

he is from Minooka, which is out here by me..

#7 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

Yea, but Vince Vaughn is from Minneapolis. It's definitely a fine line for who you can call a Chicagoan. But as long they adopt the city, and have lived there at some point, I'm alright with it.

#8 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Definitely dump Piven, and get rid of Vaughn while his value is high.

So, 15 years ago?

#9 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

JOHN CUSACK- a polarizing figure it seems, I met him at a Cubs' game back in '89(well, I said "Hi John" and he said "hi" back)...his glomming on to the '05 Sox was disappointing...and I hear conflicting reports on what he is like...he's made some good movies...but he may be tradable

Worst of all, he was a complete and total prick to (and about) Savage Steve Holland after Better Off Dead. That was his best movie by a country mile, and he was too fucking stupid to appreciate greatness.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#10 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins: They peaked in the 90s, that album that came out a few years ago was underwhelming, but Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was easily one of the top ten "mainstream" albums of the 90s.

Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam: I'm not the biggest Pearl Jam fan, but Vedder gets bonus points for singing "buy me some peanuts and crack" whenever he does the 7th inning stretch.

Steve "Mongo" McMichael: The former '86 Bear turned wrestler was the only person I can recall being ejected while singing the 7th Inning Stretch for threatening Angel Hernandez (do you blame him?)

Hillary Clinton: Grew up a Cubs fans, defected to the Evil Empire when she moved to New York. Dead to me.

Tony Romo: Remember when he sang the 7th Inning Stretch and was absolutely shocked that Chicago fans would boo the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys?

Chris Chelios: Though he spent the end of his career with the Red Wings (with an ill fated tenure with the Thrashers), Chelios remained a loyal Cubs fans and never got booed like the guy above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).