Another year, another postseason without the Cubs. Just taking a quick poll for those interested on where BN readers allegience lie regarding the play-offs...here are my rankings (based on who I want to win, not who I think will win.
1. A's- growing up they were always my "American League" team(as a Cubs' fan, I probably shoul have had another NL team too)...how can you not like Rickey Henderson when you are 12?....and those 70's A's teams were so cool
2. Rays- I have picked them to win the World Series the last 4 years, and I will keep picking them until they do.
3. Pirates- nice story...doubt it will happen...a little suspicious of one Marlon Byrd
4. Dodgers- not many people like them, but I like Kershaw, and this is Jackie Robinson's team...this should give them at least 100 years of good karma
5. Tigers- meh, Detroit could use some good news...if they win the wild dogs and coyotes that have taken over the abandoned neighborhoods could have one Hell of a party
6. Braves- I just don't really like this team...the fans take the success for granted...no thanks
7. Red Sox- I used to feel a kindred spirit type thing with the Cubs and the Red Sox with their "curse"...then they won....and they have become...ummm...different
8. Cardinals- This would be absolute Hell...if the Cardinal fans I know become any more arrogant I think they will actually morph into Tim McCarver....and we will have thousands of Tim McCarvers running around.....oh, the hummanity
105 coming soon....