Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Another year, another postseason without the Cubs.  Just taking a quick poll for those interested on where BN readers allegience lie regarding the play-offs...here are my rankings (based on who I want to win, not who I think will win.

1. A's- growing up they were always my "American League" team(as a Cubs' fan, I probably shoul have had another NL team too)...how can you not like Rickey Henderson when you are 12?....and those 70's A's teams were so cool

2. Rays- I have picked them to win the World Series the last 4 years, and I will keep picking them until they do.

3. Pirates- nice story...doubt it will happen...a little suspicious of one Marlon Byrd

4. Dodgers- not many people like them, but I like Kershaw, and this is Jackie Robinson's team...this should give them at least 100 years of good karma

5. Tigers- meh, Detroit could use some good news...if they win the wild dogs and coyotes that have taken over the abandoned neighborhoods could have one Hell of a party

6. Braves- I just don't really like this team...the fans take the success for granted...no thanks

7. Red Sox- I used to feel a kindred spirit type thing with the Cubs and the Red Sox with their "curse"...then they won....and they have become...ummm...different

8. Cardinals- This would be absolute Hell...if the Cardinal fans I know become any more arrogant I think they will actually morph into Tim McCarver....and we will have thousands of Tim McCarvers running around.....oh, the hummanity

@BBC104Reasons

105 coming soon....

#2 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Afraid to say this, but get ready for some more absolute hell.  I just don't see anyone who can stop them.  And there are already thousands of Tim "Red" McCarvers walking around.  It's to the point where I can't even watch the playoffs and I no longer care who wins.  I'm always just rooting for the teams I think will give the cardinals the best fight, but that's just pointless, really -- and not a lot of fun.  So, I'm out -- and I don't care who wins. Watching it just ain't worth the pain and frustration.

Especially after the last several years of the Cubs absolutely sucking - and the crazy success of the cardinals, it seems now like practically nothing can ever make up for this. 

#3 CubChymyst

CubChymyst

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Afraid to say this, but get ready for some more absolute hell.  I just don't see anyone who can stop them.  And there are already thousands of Tim "Red" McCarvers walking around.  It's to the point where I can't even watch the playoffs and I no longer care who wins.  I'm always just rooting for the teams I think will give the cardinals the best fight, but that's just pointless, really -- and not a lot of fun.  So, I'm out -- and I don't care who wins. Watching it just ain't worth the pain and frustration.

Especially after the last several years of the Cubs absolutely sucking - and the crazy success of the cardinals, it seems now like practically nothing can ever make up for this. 

One of the more upsetting things I saw yesterday when watching the game. The cardinals playoff roster average age was 27.3 (or something close to that). 

My top three mirror your top three. After that it is I don't care as long as its not the Cardinals.

#4 Rizzo1684

Rizzo1684

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTatooine

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I like your list but I put the Dodgers at 6 between Atlanta and Red Sox, I don't like the idea of a few really rich men can get together and in a couple of years buy a championship.Come to think of it I actually put them below the Cardinals (who I really hate)

#5 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

Pirates because jeez the last time they were in the playoffs, the Red Wings sucked.

Tigers because <3 Michigan

While the Cardinals are solidly in the cellar, I put the Dodgers above them because I was in NYC the last time the Yankees won the World Series and I don't want to hear it from Dodger fans here

#6 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

Baseball is still happening?

#7 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Fall League starts next week. 

#8 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

I can't wait for your Twitter updates.

#9 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

I can't wait for your Twitter updates.

I am all a titter about Spriggs' Twitter. I hope he tries to post pictures. (Here's a hint, you will have difficulty with Polaroids.)

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#10 CubbieBoiler

CubbieBoiler

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:TheTony_Scott

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

1. Tigers

Put a 5 dollar bet on them at the beginning of the season that will pay 125.

2. Braves

3. Pirates

4. A's

5. Rays

6. Red Sox

7. Dodgers

8. Every eliminated team to somehow find their way into the playoffs

9. The Bad News Bears

10. Obama to change the name of the Redskins

11. Paul Konerko to become the coach of the Cubs

12. The Cardinals

#11 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

1. Pirates

2. Rays (My soft spot for underdogs outweighs my hatred of the DH rule in this case.)

3. Whoever plays the Cardinals (My hatred for the Cardinals outweighs my hatred of the DH rule.)

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).