What was the name of the ballpark the Cubs played in prior to Wrigley/Weeghman?
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Portrait of a Broken Organization: The Seattle Mariners
Today, 12:03 PM
- This Is It: You’ve Got a Couple Hours Left to Join Today’s Fantasy Football Contest
Today, 09:30 AM
- The Momentum of the Winter Meetings and Other Bullets
Today, 08:16 AM
- Why Masahiro Tanaka Will Very Likely Be Posted Despite the Posting System Changes
Yesterday, 03:29 PM
- Another Rumored Bullpen Target for the Cubs: Joba Chamberlain
Yesterday, 01:24 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar - 10/11 - The Playing Fields
Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:20 AM
The West Side Grounds
The Cubs played inside Cap Anson? Not that there is anything wrong with that.
The West Side Grounds is correct. The Cubs did play at West Side Park; however, it was used prior to South Side Park which was prior to West Side Grounds.
Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:30 AM
- Location: Polk and Lincoln (now Wolcott) streets
- Years: 1893-1915
- Record at Park: 1,018-640
- Capacity: 16,000
- Dimensions: Left field: 340 feet; center field: 560 feet; right field: 316 feet
- Notes: In 1893, the ballpark was used solely for Sunday home games
Holy outfield Batman!
"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy
"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).