MC2

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Facebook:Mark Comparet
  • LocationFort Wayne, In.

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

According to MLB Trade Rumors Cubs and Dodgers both interested in Coco Crisp for playing Left Field. Interesting!

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

Another non-sexy option - in fact, the sexiest part would be the theoretical departure of Soriano (or at least move from left field (to ... the bench?)).

The A's outfield is on the way!

#3 MC2

MC2

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Facebook:Mark Comparet
  • LocationFort Wayne, In.

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:12 AM

Of course interesting in the fact of who are they gonna move Soriano or Byrd? Only positive I see is he can still swipe bags and a little better defense, past that another piece from the Boston Days... ...

Feel the same way of their interest in Varitek

#4 Kansas Cubs Fan

Kansas Cubs Fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:@Kansas_Cubs_Fan

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:37 AM

50 stolen bases and good defense sounds good to me.

#5 Dougy D

Dougy D

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Facebook:Matt Crayne

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

If we can move Soriano, anything sounds good to me! Hell, let's give Derrick May another shot.

#6 Robbo

Robbo

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:46 AM

So what does Coco bring to the table that Tony Campana doesn't have? I haven't watched Coco much, but I can only assume he has a much better arm (my niece has a better arm). Coco has no power, does not get OB at a good clip, but he does still have good speed. So the Cubs want to pay $6 mil plus eat $15-$16 mil of Soriano's contract to get Coco in left??? Ugghhh....if this is the 2012 plan I really hope Ricketts lowers the price of beer at Wrigley. We are going to need it.

#7 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

So what does Coco bring to the table that Tony Campana doesn't have? I haven't watched Coco much, but I can only assume he has a much better arm (my niece has a better arm). Coco has no power, does not get OB at a good clip, but he does still have good speed. So the Cubs want to pay $6 mil plus eat $15-$16 mil of Soriano's contract to get Coco in left??? Ugghhh....if this is the 2012 plan I really hope Ricketts lowers the price of beer at Wrigley. We are going to need it.

I think it is the whole defense thing. Knows how to take a correct line to a ball, and as you mention the arm. Campana needs two relay guys for a play at the plate.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#8 jwmann2

jwmann2

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:fromthisseat
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

Well remember, this is all just talk. I don't listen to MLB rumors until something is in ink, even if ESPN reports it.
Soriano has not been producing and I'm sure the Cubs wish they had the money back they spent on he and Zambrano. But Theo is here now and he knows how to field a ball club.
MLB Ballparks
Tell Us About Your Seats At Wrigley Field

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).