#1 Diamondrock

Diamondrock

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCambridge, MA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

My Cardinals fan friend sent me this calling it "some of the best sports journalism to come from the city of Boston in recent memory."

http://www.bostonglo...e6fJ/story.html

Needless to say, each passing sentence increased my rage. This writer has clearly never spent any signficant time around Cardinals fans. Besides, if you ask someone "are you the Best Fans in Baseball?" do you really expect them to say "no"? And what kind of question is "do you think you're too polite?"

#2 OCCubFan

OCCubFan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationSanibel Island

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Although I could take issue with practically every sentence in the article, I'll choose one sendtence that shows how Cardinal fans and the author of the article are geographically challenged.

Their allegiance is unique, Cardinals fans said, because the city stood for decades as the remote, westernmost outpost of Major League Baseball until the Brooklyn Dodgers moved to Los Angeles in 1958.

The Cardinals shared that distinction with the Browns until they moved to Baltimore after the 1953 season. The the Philadelphia A's moved to Kansas City for the 1955 season. Yes, Kansas City is indeed west of St. Louis. Hence, the statement in the article was true for just the single season of 1954.

#3 Timothy Scarbrough

Timothy Scarbrough

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

"But decades of success seem to have bred amiability instead of arrogance."

Who in their right mind has ever though that the Cardinals fans are not arrogant? To even have such a thought seems beyond comprehension.

#4 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

I pissed a bunch of them off on my flight from Cleveland to St Louis. When I made my welcome aboard announcement I made sure to say it was a beautiful night for a red sox victory. I hate the red sox but it is still fun pissing off st loser fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).