#46 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Well.  Holy shit.  What a crapfest on the front page.  Good article from Ace, though, for those who bothered to read it before joining the gang bang of Front Office skullfuckery in the comments.

I can't wait for spring training to start up.  From my point of view, everybody else can just go fuck off.  

Well, except for those of you I like.  

Thanks (and thanks MG). In my head, it didn't sound like a crap-on-the-front-office-or-ownership post. I just wanted to discuss the signals we were getting, and why I didn't really like them.

#47 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

You could have written an article about how the front office paid off the national debt while building a shelter for homeless kittens out recycled oil tankers and the front page crowd would have piled on the hatred.

It might, though, be worthwhile to pull together a detailed picture of what we do and don't know about the Cubs financial picture and the details of the purchase agreement.  There are a lot of self proclaimed experts on the front page spewing a lot of crap that, if you believe half of it, makes it abundantly clear that the Cubs owners have currently socked away about a third of the wealth of the Western world in profits.  And some of that crap is written intelligently enough that I could see it causing some confusion from the honestly interested reader crowd.  It would probably turn into another hate-fest, but those muddy waters could potentially stand a little clarity at this point.

#48 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

Well.  Holy shit.  What a crapfest on the front page.  Good article from Ace, though, for those who bothered to read it before joining the gang bang of Front Office skullfuckery in the comments.

I can't wait for spring training to start up.  From my point of view, everybody else can just go fuck off.  

Well, except for those of you I like.

Thanks (and thanks MG). In my head, it didn't sound like a crap-on-the-front-office-or-ownership post. I just wanted to discuss the signals we were getting, and why I didn't really like them.
Yeah I think most of is "us" know that but the haters have been waiting for a "haha I was right, kiss the ring" moment and they are majority until the Cubs start winning. I was bound to happen with a site that is this popular while the team is losing badly. Just tiresome.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#49 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

It might, though, be worthwhile to pull together a detailed picture of what we do and don't know about the Cubs financial picture and the details of the purchase agreement.  There are a lot of self proclaimed experts on the front page spewing a lot of crap that, if you believe half of it, makes it abundantly clear that the Cubs owners have currently socked away about a third of the wealth of the Western world in profits.  And some of that crap is written intelligently enough that I could see it causing some confusion from the honestly interested reader crowd.  It would probably turn into another hate-fest, but those muddy waters could potentially stand a little clarity at this point.

::copious nodding::

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#50 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

There's no sense in me saying what everyone else just did. So, I won't.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#51 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Brains is the new Kyle and anonymous-ly is the new Brains. Oh, and Jon is just a puddle of bile.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#52 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

See, Brett can write whatever he wants but if he includes the words: "The Plan" and "Front Office" in an article, the usual suspects will come out of the woodwork and spew crap.

#53 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

Brains is the new Kyle and anonymous-ly is the new Brains. Oh, and Jon is just a puddle of bile.

Don't forget SH

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#54 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Don't forget SH

I've just made his acquaintance. The pleasure is all his I'm sure.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#55 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Don't forget SH

I've just made his acquaintance. The pleasure is all his I'm sure.

You know his middle initial is probably M.

SMH

Please don't feed the psychos.

#56 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

It's still a fucking argument about ticket prices.

Incredible.

#57 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

I didn't think supply and demand was that difficult to understand the basics. Now to actually create that demand is difficult, but when the market is already set, it's kind of a no brainer.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#58 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

I didn't think supply and demand was that difficult to understand the basics. Now to actually create that demand is difficult, but when the market is already set, it's kind of a no brainer.

When all you want to do is cry and complain no amount of education or logic is necessary.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#59 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

Nah, it's an anti-rich person rant wrapped around the ticket prices.

#60 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

So I think we are seeing this:
1-yesterday the haters believed that Brett was on their side and had a shit on the Cubs day and believed this is their time while many of us just sat back and avoided the buckets of shit... and Kyle was crowned King of the Hate
2-Brett has to explain to everybody WHAT HE ALREADY WROTE but the haters didn't want to finish the party just yet
3-Whereas yesterday "we" avoided commenting today we are not allowing the bullshit to continue
4-people are all sad because the Party has ended
5-they go back to their annoying ways

MichiganGoat on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).