The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

Who is Lou?
I finally got my internet up and running tonight down in TN.

YourResidentJag he was Lou before. Did you move to TN?
Yes, I did. Over the weekend. Started a new job yesterday. Wife and kids are still in B-Town. They will come down in a couple of months.
Congrats and best of luck hopefully you're near a brewery that can replace Upland.
I found a decent place, but it's nothing like Upland. It's a sports bar and just not the same feel with decent but not great beer.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#107 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

Who is Lou?

Yes, I did. Over the weekend. Started a new job yesterday. Wife and kids are still in B-Town. They will come down in a couple of months.
Congrats and best of luck hopefully you're near a brewery that can replace Upland.
I found a decent place, but it's nothing like Upland. It's a sports bar and just not the same feel with decent but not great beer.

Wow, moving down the ladder.  Pretty soon you'll be living in the country next to a meth house that has exploded twice.

#108 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

Who is Lou?

Wow, moving down the ladder.  Pretty soon you'll be living in the country next to a meth house that has exploded twice.
Not exactly in the country, I'm now in Nashville. There is plenty of country around, but I want to know what everybody does to be able to pay for these huge houses.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#109 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

Who is Lou?

Not exactly in the country, I'm now in Nashville. There is plenty of country around, but I want to know what everybody does to be able to pay for these huge houses.
Downtown Nashville has an amazing beer bar The Flying Saucer http://www.beerknurd...ores/nashville/ and Yazoo is a decent brewery.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#110 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

I'm actually a half hour south in Franklin. There is a brew pub, Cool Spring Breweey, less than a mime away. I will have to check out that one though. If weather stays bad up north this weekend I may have to check out the original Coyote Ugly.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#111 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Twitter:@jh_03

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

All these moves are destroying the front page right now. Everybody is in freak out mode. We're not even at the Winter Meetings yet. I don't understand how any transaction has moved the needle for the Cubs in 2014 yet (other than maybe the return for Fister).

Part of me wants the Cubs to just make a big move to shut everyone up. But that will last like a day and it probably wouldn't be worth it. 

#112 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

All these moves are destroying the front page right now. Everybody is in freak out mode. We're not even at the Winter Meetings yet. I don't understand how any transaction has moved the needle for the Cubs in 2014 yet (other than maybe the return for Fister).

Part of me wants the Cubs to just make a big move to shut everyone up. But that will last like a day and it probably wouldn't be worth it.

I guess you don't understand how much my moving South effects the "Winter" meetings.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#113 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:31 AM

If they do make a big move, it will obviously be the wrong move, and we will have to listen to them bitch about it for the next two months.

Please don't feed the psychos.

#114 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

Who is Lou?

I have long wondered that in Des Moines.  At least in Nashville you have a lot of money coming in from music.

#115 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

If they do make a big move, it will obviously be the wrong move, and we will have to listen to them bitch about it for the next two months.

Or they should have made 10 other big moves and the team is still garbage.

I shudder to think of the comments section the night we win the WS.  I am thinking the "WE SHOULD HAVE DONE XYZ PREVIOUSLY TO WIN THE WS LAST YEAR!!!!!" comments will outnumber the "WOOHOO" comments.

#116 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

Who is Lou?

I've been to Nashville and danced on the bar and general craziness at Coyote's several times. Great city! Go to Baileys on Broadway and get a Black Forest Pretzel sammich and report back.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#117 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'm now in Nashville.

Go see a Triplets game and let them know that, that "Sounds" shit they're trying to pull isn't fooling anybody.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#118 sans

sans

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

Oh, the irony!

I read this site because Brett does a great job of breaking down certain aspects of my favorite baseball team. Just because I'm not a frequent poster or commenter, doesn't mean that I haven't been around here - in the sense of visiting, not participation - since this site's embryonic stages. So, perhaps a different perspective - a much more realistic portrayal - should be infused on this topic.

There's no doubt that people can go overboard in expressing their displeasures in regards to their sports team. Most aspects of sports remain illogical and elicit abnormal reactions from people who are much less irrational in most other aspects of their lives. The very fact that we - I'm very much including myself in this - care so much about a team full of mercenaries simply because of proximity, eludes most forms of rationality. In short, the premise is ridiculous, so get off your fucking high horses.

I find it funny that the most annoying mother fuckers on this blog - who shockingly click around together - are whining about the other posters on this board. Shit, Michigan Goat is such a pussy that he cried about Brett's post regarding the 2014 season, and stomped away, "I've gotta go, guys." This group - hansman, TWC, goat, darth, the rest of the dicks - antagonize anyone who disagrees with anything the front office does. It's like clockwork. They're almost like a pack of wolves. They antagonize with phrase like "TWTW", "Scrappy", "Tony Campana", etc. TWC chastised some guy giving-off twitter information. And if I have to read one more terrible joke by Darth, shit.

You fuckers are unbearable. Really, you are. You're mean little internet punks who fill your void of meaningful human-interactions by stalking this site for those who oppose your views. I'm willing to bet that you're either single, or you hate your significant other. Either way, get some fucking lives.

As for Brett: Dude is a talented writer. Unfortunately he's a kiss-ass to the front office, and a mouth piece for their agenda. His piece selling the Cubs tickets was as creepy as his rationale behind the Scott Baker signing. I hope he gets back to being an individual again.

Alright, bitches. Get back to your crying.

#119 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

Ah we love you too Sans, but try to be honest tell us how you really feel.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#120 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

Alright, bitches. Get back to your crying.

Never let it be said that I can't follow instructions:

Boo-F'n-Hoo   :(  :(  :(

Please don't feed the psychos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).