MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

I realized I have no idea or reason to want any of our candidates. I just don't have anyway to give an intelligent reason to be pro/con with any of these guys, and the main board only frustrates me because there is no real discussion.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#2 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

the main board only frustrates me because there is no real discussion.

It's the worst it's ever been (which is saying something).

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

the main board only frustrates me because there is no real discussion.

It's the worst it's ever been (which is saying something).
Yup hence my playground post

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#4 TheRiot2

TheRiot2

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPine City,Mn.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

I' m saying if the new manager hire is a rookie then a veteran presence is needed to be the sounding board for the new hire.I'll take Lovullo as that guy as nobody else stands out from what I've read on the possible candidates.Maybe Hinch comes aboard as the bench coach or how about Varitek ? The former catchers IMO bring a lot to the brain department. 

#5 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

I realized I have no idea or reason to want any of our candidates. I just don't have anyway to give an intelligent reason to be pro/con with any of these guys, and the main board only frustrates me because there is no real discussion.

this is the problem. I don't think anyone knows really anything about these guys that is why the discussion is so horrendous.  Personally I would like to see a "smart guy" that is more firey than professor. A guy that always has his players backs that will bring that to the field.  This was the thing I liked the least about Svuem (who I actually would liked to see given one more year). When the Cards had a dirty take out slide, the very next batter should have gotten one in the ribs.

#6 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

Ron that's the exact problem and why I haven't really had an opinion. Too many fans are still crying over Girardi and are making all thier comments on name recognition or attachment to another name (Martinez with Maddon, Lovullo with Ferrel) or a past failure (Acta). What frustrates me is just how uninformed and unresearched posters are on the main board, today die hard pulled the Sandberg card and basically said no manager had his resume but both Renteria and Lovullo have more experience and both were former MiLB managers of the year. Doing research is not that hard but so few posters take 30 minutes to learn anything about these people yet willfully make bold decisions based on jackshit. But if you dare question anything they say they go all hostile and start throwing around logical fallacies. I'm so fucking frustrated by the lack of intelligence on the main page. It's like Cubs.com

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#7 Patrick

Patrick

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:basenarcissist
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

I completely agree, and I wonder if there's a bias for people who think managers don't really matter that much. I am sort of in that school of thinking that a good manager or a bad manager are almost always function of a talented organization or a less talented organization.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).