#1 Nate

Nate

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

I've been putting a lot of things together today and I'm starting to see this teams drastic turn around as early as next season.  FA won't really do it.  I see two trades (that won't happen), one signing that might and one or prospects coming up strong making this team good now.

The prospect is Bryant being ready to go by June and being the real deal.  This is possible.  I hope he sticks at third and is the bat everyone thinks he could be.  The other possible prospect is Olt.  He could be the starting third baseman and I'm rooting for him.  Bryant could slide to RF and the team would only be better.  If not Bryant stays at third (I hope).

The signing is Tanaka.  Anyone disagree that he's a good pick up?  No? Good.

Trade 1:  I mentioned the other day, Cargo for essentially Alcatara, Vogs and couple change of scenery guys (look here http://www.bleachern...bly-bad-trade/)

Trade 2:  Price for a package with Baez as the headliner.  He's K% just bothers me and I'm not sure where he plays.  I still think Castro is the better defender and people are turned off by this year but I expect him to bounce back.

So here's the line up

Castro         SS

Lake            CF

Cargo          LF

Bryant          3B

Rizzo           1B

Shierholtz     RF

Castillo         C

Barney         2B

Rotation

Price

Tanaka

Shark

Wood

E Jax (Who I don't like but what are ya gonna do)

Pen

Arrieta

Strop

Grimm

Rosscup/Raley/Rusin

Russell

Parker

Villanueva

Bench

Sweeney

Valbuena

Murphy

Bogusevic

?????

You have four potential Gold Glovers to help the D.  A solid mix of Lefty's and Right's in the line-up.  A second Lefty in the pen.  You have some roster spots open to avoid Rule 5 losses.  Most importantly nobody is blocking Soler and Almora when they're ready.  If Wendy Thurm is right and the Cubs have 40M to spend and still cut the 10M in salary the could do this and probably be under that 40M threshold.  They would still need a backup catcher filling the bench question mark.

Maybe I'm way off but I think that team could win

#2 Patrick G

Patrick G

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

I believe your right that the potential lineup right there could contend, but the fact that Bryant will not be up until June at the earliest, if at all. The only way I see them making any splashes this off season if only they re-sign shark. If they can't, they will most likely trade him for prospects, lowering our talent for next year and would not make sense trading for top players if they feel they will have to trade their best pitcher. This is just my opinion, obviously why I'm not a person in a front office and just seems to make more sense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).