Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

The 2014 Smokies schedule is out, so I looked it over to try to pick the dates for my annual visit.

Normally I like to visit Tennessee for two consecutive games, the last game of one series and the first game of another series.  That way I can see two road teams in addition to seeing the Smokies twice.

Unfortunately, with the exception of April 13 and 14, that is impossible this  year.  The Smokies only have two consecutive home series twice, and the other one is split by the All-Star break.

Suddenly I'm not sure what my plan is.

I haven't ruled out visiting another team this year, either.  I'm still looking at options.

#2 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

Come to Des Moines!

#3 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

Have you looked at combining a Smokies home game with an Iowa away game? I know it's not AA, but the Nashville Sounds are in the PCL and are only about 3 1/2 hours away.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#4 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Sweet.  It's Iowa's turn to head out west.  They'll be in Fresno and Sacramento from 6/9-6/16.  Depending on who's on the team, I could see running up to Sac (1.52 hrs) for a weekend day game.

#5 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

Baez might still be on the team then.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#6 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

Alcantara and Villanueva almost certainly will be.  Likely Hendricks and Jokisch as well.  Probably Lopez.  Probably Szczur.  Likely Ha.

#7 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

It's def. on my radar.  Lots depends on next summer's camping plans.  I'm just glad Iowa isn't coming during Tahoe week.  That would be a shame, but, man, you can't skip Tahoe in the summer.  No sir.

#8 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

It's def. on my radar.  Lots depends on next summer's camping plans.  I'm just glad Iowa isn't coming during Tahoe week.  That would be a shame, but, man, you can't skip Tahoe in the summer.  No sir.

Wow, so you're a hippy that is also a yuppy?  I am surprised that the universe hasn't torn itself apart because of that paradox.

So noone is getting on board with my idea of just coming to Iowa?  I mean, comeon, it's Iowa the summer.  You could go outside and, literally, watch the corn grow on the right day.  What more do you need from life?

#9 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

Wow, so you're a hippy that is also a yuppy?  I am surprised that the universe hasn't torn itself apart because of that paradox.

So noone is getting on board with my idea of just coming to Iowa?  I mean, comeon, it's Iowa the summer.  You could go outside and, literally, watch the corn grow on the right day.  What more do you need from life?

A Life.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#10 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

A Life.

Sad_Cat_Is_Sad.jpg

#11 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

So noone is getting on board with my idea of just coming to Iowa? 

I will come to Iowa as soon as you learn that "no one" is two words, not one.

#12 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

Wha?  Going to Tahoe makes me a yuppie?  Do you know what Lake Tahoe is like?  Fucking heaven, man.  It's heaven.

Tim has seen and met my camping crew.  There ain't a lotta yuppie in that crowd.

#13 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

I don't even care how big this pic comes in.  Because it's heaven.

ucay.png

#14 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Well, it reformatted the picture for normal viewing, but you can click on it if you want to enbiggen.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#15 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

Nice photo!  But the important question is:  Did you visit the PONDEROSA?  (is that still even there?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).