17 replies to this topic

#16 EpsteinHoyer2015

EpsteinHoyer2015

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

Unfortunately, I think some of the comments the FO has made makes me feel like there is something in his play they are somewhat concerned about.

Which comments are you referring to here?

Im too lazy to dig them up. One obvious one is the firing of Sveum due to regression of key core pieces. Obviously wasnt fired for Starlin alone, 99% sure they were implying Rizzo

Theo made some comments about him playing a cat and mouse game all year, and puzzling was how often he lost. Despite the walks, I think there is something in his approach they want to change

No one found it odd that Renteria said that they had to fix Rizzo's approach? Weird for a power hitter who walked 76 times and struck out like 120 times

#17 Kygavin

Kygavin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:@kygavin
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

Unfortunately, I think some of the comments the FO has made makes me feel like there is something in his play they are somewhat concerned about.

Which comments are you referring to here?

Im too lazy to dig them up. One obvious one is the firing of Sveum due to regression of key core pieces. Obviously wasnt fired for Starlin alone, 99% sure they were implying Rizzo

Theo made some comments about him playing a cat and mouse game all year, and puzzling was how often he lost. Despite the walks, I think there is something in his approach they want to change

No one found it odd that Renteria said that they had to fix Rizzo's approach? Weird for a power hitter who walked 76 times and struck out like 120 times

Just going off memory but it did seem like Rizzo got himself into a lot of 2 strike counts. He swung at 5% less pitches last year but his K% went up (fangraphs) I think he obviously has the power to hit 30-40 HR but i think he was too passive last year

#18 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Twitter:@jh_03

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

http://www.brooksbas...es=-1&b_hand=-1

I have no idea how to post pictures. I can't figure it out. But here's the link to his spray chart this year. He definitely doesn't seem too pull heavy, other than on his ground balls. 

If you sort it by his results, you'll see that his singles are distributed normally to all fields. He clearly has more XBH power when he pulls though. He rarely splits the gap in LCF with any success. 

http://www.brooksbas...es=-1&b_hand=-1

BTW, that one red dot wayyyyyy out there in RF warms my heart. What a shot. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).