miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

So I finally got rid of that damned HTC chunk of junk and got a Galaxy S4. It's pretty sweet but I'm sure it was obsolete about ten days before I got it, but hey. I'm on the twitters now (miggy8035) and wondering who should I be following (as in Cubs baseball)? Any suggestions, I can't find Spriggs on there to save my life. 

tech.png

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#2 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

Duh everyone should follow a goat

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#3 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

Says the kid who still has a Zune...

but hey. I'm on the twitters now ... I can't find Spriggs on there to save my life.

I know.  That's the worst part of twitter.  No Spriggs.

#4 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

I don't worry about technology obsolescence, then again, I buy the model that is outgoing (as evidenced by my recently purchased Note 2).

You Can't Predict Baseball and You Can Predict Baseball are two pretty good accounts.

#5 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

I don't worry about technology obsolescence, then again, I buy the model that is outgoing (as evidenced by my recently purchased Note 2).

You Can't Predict Baseball and You Can Predict Baseball are two pretty good accounts.

I'm having the hardest time finding these two accounts. The closest I can come is Can't Predict Ball.

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#6 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Twitter:@jh_03

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

Kieth Law, Jason Parks, Dave Cameron, and Cespedes Family BBQ, are some of my favorite follows. Along with Harry Pavlidas and Dan Brooks. I could go on...

#7 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

I'm having the hardest time finding these two accounts. The closest I can come is Can't Predict Ball.

I recommend going to someone elses page (like somebody from this site) and going through who they follow and just follow any baseball handles that look good. You'll be able to weed out the ones you don't like eventually.  

#8 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

I recommend going to someone elses page (like somebody from this site) and going through who they follow and just follow any baseball handles that look good. You'll be able to weed out the ones you don't like eventually.  

Excellent Idea. 

#9 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

Do *NOT* use my following list as a template.  

Unless you like pics of sexy women wearing marijuana leaf bikinis while watching Star Wars movies and building Lego sets, that is.

((*sigh* … Now I'm wishing that twitter account actually existed…)

#10 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Unless you like pics of sexy women wearing marijuana leaf bikinis while watching Star Wars movies and building Lego sets, that is.

Did you try putting that into the search bar? It might be out there.

#11 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

For what it's worth, I don't follow any sports account other than BN.  I get enough sports crap on my TL w/o needing to follow a specific account.  Twitter on Saturdays (college football) and Sundays (NFL) is … exhausting.

(Huge twitter hint: *turn off retweets*.  Some people are so retweet happy that they're little more than bounce-bots.  If I'm following you, it's because I kinda give a shit about what you have to say.  I don't necessarily give a shit when you like what other people have to say.)

#12 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

T-Dubb I'm down with that and you know this man. 

#13 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

Did you try putting that into the search bar? It might be out there.

Larf.

You're probably correct, but it's probably in my best interest to avoid that search.

#14 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

For what it's worth, I don't follow any sports account other than BN.  I get enough sports crap on my TL w/o needing to follow a specific account.  Twitter on Saturdays (college football) and Sundays (NFL) is … exhausting.

(Huge twitter hint: *turn off retweets*.  Some people are so retweet happy that they're little more than bounce-bots.  If I'm following you, it's because I kinda give a shit about what you have to say.  I don't necessarily give a shit when you like what other people have to say.)

Yes I'm only on twitter for 5 days and I'm not a fan of the RT. I will be turning this function off. Thanks for the tip, I didn't know it could be done. 

#15 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Yes I'm only on twitter for 5 days and I'm not a fan of the RT. I will be turning this function off. Thanks for the tip, I didn't know it could be done. 

I don't think RTs are all bad -- some of my fav. feeds I've only learned of through other folks' RTs.  I'd just recommend selectivity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).