Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

I'm hoping to get one day off. :)

You taking BN's b-day off?

Nah - that's the kind of holiday where you HAVE to post.

I'm going to try and take of Saturday and Sunday, unless hard news or a way-too-juicy-to-wait rumor comes up.

Isn't Saturday BN's b-day?

I don't think so - site was registered on December 27, and the first post was December 30 ("The Cubs Are Neat"). I figure it's the 30th.

#17 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

Huh. I thought I remembered a post from last Xmas eve noting the site's two-year anniversary. I must have taken it too literally. I'll send flowers on the 30th then.

#18 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

Huh. I thought I remembered a post from last Xmas eve noting the site's two-year anniversary. I must have taken it too literally. I'll send flowers on the 30th then.

Oh I'm sure I did that - it's not so much a specific date, as a range of days (in part because the site was conceived of and constructed over a many day period).

Also, that first post? Prophetic.

#19 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

Also, that first post? Prophetic.

I’ll keep it simple, and only promise that this will be the greatest single web site in the history of the universe times infinity.

You're nothing if not modest, pal.

#20 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

So, Brett, did you think 3 years ago that by the time 2012 came around, you'd be a full-time blogger? Or that we still wouldn't have flying cars?

#21 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

So, Brett, did you think 3 years ago that by the time 2012 came around, you'd be a full-time blogger? Or that we still wouldn't have flying cars?

Ha. I suppose I thought it was a possibility, but I don't think I thought it was particularly likely. My "Happy Holidays" post, which will go up tomorrow, touches on this a bit.

#22 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

I'm finally home. Hooray!!
Please don't feed the psychos.

#23 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

For those of you too wise to follow me on twitter, please let me show you the awesomeest Christmas ornament on my tree:

Posted Image

#24 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

Nice.

#25 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

Ha. I suppose I thought it was a possibility, but I don't think I thought it was particularly likely. My "Happy Holidays" post, which will go up tomorrow, touches on this a bit.

I'm going to pissed if your "Happy Holidays" post makes me cry. I get enough of that with those damned Folgers commercials.

#26 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

I'm going to pissed if your "Happy Holidays" post makes me cry. I get enough of that with those damned Folgers commercials.

I think the "save all the kittens and puppies" commercials with Sarah McLauchlan singing are way worse.

#27 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

I think the "save all the kittens and puppies" commercials with Sarah McLauchlan singing are way worse.

I'm not even an animal person and those SPCA commercials turn me into a whimpering mess. Not even joking.

#28 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

I'm not even an animal person and those SPCA commercials turn me into a whimpering mess. Not even joking.

My wife makes me change the channel as soon as we hear, "In the arms of ..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).