MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

The Force is everywhere. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.

Kinda like cheese.
Puppet FOR THE WIN, way to Sith Slap the Sith Lord.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#32 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

This might be my favorite post in a message board ever, and I've seen a lot of posts.

You and I must frequent very different message boards.

Hey must have never seen the "Women in Baseball" thread.

#33 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

This might be my favorite post in a message board ever, and I've seen a lot of posts.

That thread is even more entertaining when you put Morken on ignore.

#34 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

That thread is even more entertaining when you put Morken on ignore.

HAHA.  I did, just it never worked, I always clicked the button.

Now, if there was just an ignore feature on the front page.

#35 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

THE BOARD?!?!?!?! THE BOARD?!?!?!

To hip to say "Message Board" now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!1!!11111!!!!11!!

#36 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

Ha. No. I just needed the space to fix some rendering problems on some browsers.

#37 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

Must maintain my cool.  Dang Brett, you really are making it tough with that blurb about Boras today.  Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent piece, but you knew it would draw haters like flies to a fresh dog turd.  I am calling on my inner Puppet Patience at this point.

Please don't feed the psychos.

#38 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Must maintain my cool.  Dang Brett, you really are making it tough with that blurb about Boras today.  Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent piece, but you knew it would draw haters like flies to a fresh dog turd.  I am calling on my inner Puppet Patience at this point.

People were crapping all over the Morrison trade. Brett could write about how he likes cats in pajamas and it'd turn into a THEO SUCKS fest.

#39 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

I suppose that is true.

Please don't feed the psychos.

#40 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'm just avoiding that whole thread I read it as text only and then made sure not to look at a single comment. This upcoming year is going to be comment hell unless we surprise everyone and look competitive in April, but then the hater would be crying "if we only got X Y Z then we'd win the World Series." I hope if the season sucks Brett has created the ignore button so I'd only see you guys in the comments.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#41 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

People were crapping all over the Morrison trade. Brett could write about how he likes cats in pajamas and it'd turn into a THEO SUCKS fest.

I don't want to accuse Ace of link baiting (or encourage it), but if he'd put up one thread per day that did nothing but attract the rage of the meatheads (and keep 'em the hell off of the other threads), I'd certainly not look askance.

#42 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

I don't want to accuse Ace of link baiting (or encourage it), but if he'd put up one thread per day that did nothing but attract the rage of the meatheads (and keep 'em the hell off of the other threads), I'd certainly not look askance.

Hell that could be the only post of the day and he could still pay the bills

#43 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hell that could be the only post of the day and he could still pay the bills

Ha. That Boras post ... let's just say I had lots of iterations of the title (and messages therein using words like "meatballs" and "simple, angry folk") before I settled on the most straight-forward version. 

I hate to rouse the rabble, but sometimes the content does it for me. Just fucking sign Tanaka and shut some motherfuckers up for a few weeks.

#44 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

I hate to rouse the rabble, but sometimes the content does it for me. Just fucking sign Tanaka and shut some motherfuckers up for a few weeks.

"Theo is such an IDIOT!  He signed Tanaka for ### years and $### million and he's never thrown a pitch in the US!"

I'd almost bet my house that should the stars align and the Cubs snag Tanaka, a comment to that effect will be in the first 20.

#45 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

That would be nice.

Worst case scenario from an rage-hate standpoint - the Cubs trade for an outfielder that the rabble haven't heard of but the stats indicate should be very good for the Cubs.  Then we'd have the "dumping prospects" hate, the "abandoning the plan" hate, the "stupid plan" hate, the "Theo got robbed" hate, the "Ricketts is cheap" hate, the "I don't like statistics" hate, and the "I'm smarter than they are so they should just follow my plan" hate all packed into a solid mass of self-feeding, vitriolic nonsense.  

And as a result the Cubs marketing team, who quite probably keep an eye on the comments here, decide to drink their way through all the beers in the beer thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).