#1 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

Good, right? Any unforeseen issues that could pop up? I've thought this through for a while and I think I've covered every angle in my head.

But please let me know if there's something possible problem I haven't considered.

#2 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

As a representative of the dickheads, I like the registration idea. I mostly only read comments from people I am familiar with/respect/etc...

As a former newbie - as we all were at one point - it may make people less inclined to comment. I know I lurked in the shadows for a while before commenting, but finally did because it was so easy.

However, due to the growing amount of visitors and increased comment volume, I think this is definitely a net positive. If what you have to say is worth saying, you'll register. Also, it shouldn't affect your readership numbers, because you can easily still read and just not comment.

Cheers...5412

Wait that's not me.

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Yeah this is super simple and it will stop some of the visitors that feel the need to drop in a stupid like quip that others jump all over and the posters using multiple names won't find it as easy (I think once registered you can change your name rather easily) I've rarely posted logged in, just don't think about it but I think I did this at the same time we beta tested the MB. I've don't see any problems and anyone worried about personal information don't understand how to get a dummy email account. We will still have the divide between pro/con "The Plan" and things will still get testy but that will change once we win.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#4 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

I'd still like a up/down vote or a like button but then again I'd problem get down voted like crazy for anything I say.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#5 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

Good, right? Any unforeseen issues that could pop up? I've thought this through for a while and I think I've covered every angle in my head.

But please let me know if there's something possible problem I haven't considered.

I don't see any bad coming from this... but if unforeseen badness does arise, it should be easily undo-able.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#6 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

Honestly, when you went to BN 2.0 a couple years back, I registered then and just kind of assumed that everyone did, too.

I'm a fan of the requirement, if only because it makes me feel all early-adopter-superior-like.  Because I need more of that.

#7 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Twitter:@jh_03

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Honestly, when you went to BN 2.0 a couple years back, I registered then and just kind of assumed that everyone did, too.

I'm a fan of the requirement, if only because it makes me feel all early-adopter-superior-like.  Because I need more of that.

I hope you have to re-register due to some unforeseen error. 

#8 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Brett, it may be user error, but I can't find where to register for the Bears page. Here's the difference I'm seeing:

Bears page:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-15%20at%206.21.2

Cubs page:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-15%20at%206.21.3

If those pictures don't work let me know. I have never been able to figure out how to post pictures. I'm not smart enough, apparently. 

Edit: Damnit. They didn't work. Here's the links.. I don't know if that'll work:

Bears: 

https://www.dropbox.... 6.21.24 PM.png

Cubs: https://www.dropbox.... 6.21.38 PM.png

#9 headscratchin

headscratchin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationDallas Metro Area

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

You'll probably just get a lot of dumb questions - like this one:  If I am signed in to the message board, am I signed into the site.  Maybe a FAQ page about signing in??

#10 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

You'll probably just get a lot of dumb questions - like this one:  If I am signed in to the message board, am I signed into the site.  Maybe a FAQ page about signing in??

No they are two separate things (but you can use the same info)

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#11 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

I have this weird burning problem when I pee.......wait your problem or mine?

#12 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Brett, it may be user error, but I can't find where to register for the Bears page. Here's the difference I'm seeing:

Bears page:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-15%20at%206.21.2

Cubs page:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-15%20at%206.21.3

If those pictures don't work let me know. I have never been able to figure out how to post pictures. I'm not smart enough, apparently. 

Edit: Damnit. They didn't work. Here's the links.. I don't know if that'll work:

Bears: 

https://www.dropbox.... 6.21.24 PM.png

Cubs: https://www.dropbox.... 6.21.38 PM.png

Yeah, it's not up yet on the Bears page. The only reason it's up on the Cubs page is just a legacy thing that I never got rid of. It'll be there when all of this takes place on January 1.

#13 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

Yup. Great idea. I will definitely put one together. 

#14 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

Alright, cool. Thanks, Brett. I like the registration idea. 

#15 headscratchin

headscratchin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationDallas Metro Area

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

No they are two separate things (but you can use the same info)

Hmmmm....    I went out to register and it said   ERROR: This username is already registered. Please choose another one.  So I went out to the sign in page and it says the password for that username is invalid.  Tried it four or five times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).