5 replies to this topic

#1 reach

reach

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

Hi everyone.  Pardon me for the long post but I am not sure where to go for this...figured this would be as good of a place as any.

Anyhow, back in 2002 or 2003 my girlfriend at the time put me on the season ticket list.  A few days ago, I emailed the Cubs asking them if they could tell me my place in line as I lost my login info.  They responded a day later and told me my turn came up last season but since I no longer used the email address associated with the account, I never got the email.  ANYHOW, they're going to get a hold of me in the next few weeks and I can purchase my tickets then.  

Here's my dilemma:  I'm not really able to afford the tickets this season but don't want that to get in the way of the long term...next year I'll be able to afford them.  What I'm curious about is three questions:

1.  If I were to buy one or two tickets in the Upper Deck Reserved area, how bad of a loss would I be taking on this season if I tried to sell them game by game?  I'm thinking it would be a bad loss looking at StubHub.  I'm not even looking to make a profit--I strictly want face value.  (also, I'm assuming the answer is yes--but would it be pointless and useless for me to purchase just one ticket this year?)

2.  Is anyone interested in purchasing the season tickets from me for this season or have a suggestion (other than CraigsList) as to where I could go to sell the entire season?

3.  Does anyone have any other suggestions for me?  Anything would help.  

#2 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

I have the exact same problem. I wish I knew what to tell you.

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

Your going to take losses in losing season and you can only get season tickets during losing seasons. Most of the people that put their name on the list ten years ago are finally getting calls, so it's buy or lose them. I had to pass two years ago because I couldn't afford it and knew I would be making that many games. For me unless you live I'm Chicago and can regular attend games I'm not sure it worth it unless you don't mind the financial loss- if I was rich sure I'm sure I'd keep them because if they make the playoffs you can have a ticket.

It's just how things go with season tickets, it's rarely a way to break even. Unless you get them now and the Cubs go on a Cardinal dynasty run.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#4 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

My advice is dont do it if you cant afford to take a financial hit. Over the last two years, I have made back 50% two years ago and 65% last year. It has to be viewed as a luxury purchase. There are perks to being a STH other than just owning a seat to every game though.  

#5 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

There are perks to being a STH other than just owning a seat to every game though.  

E.g., free blow jobs.

#6 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

There are perks to being a STH other than just owning a seat to every game though.

E.g., free blow jobs.

Indeed , there is sucksage involved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).