Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Post CubsCon Interest in BBCG 105(please skip if you are tried of hearing about this)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

After my relative success selling my book at CubsCon, I have been getting some direct e-mails and questions from BNers about purchasing the book.  Yes, it is on Amazon...but Amazon is not very kind to authors(I get a whopping 13% of the sales).  I am looking at potential distributors for the upcoming season, but I can still sell them directly to the BN faithful.  I need an address, who to inscribe to, and how you plan to pay.  You can pay me directly through PayPal, a check through the mail(although I now will have to wait to send until the check clears...had a bad one)...and I am now set up with all major credit cards.

105's(2nd Edition) 15.75 including shipping, 104's(1st edition) 10.75 including shipping

Contact me at BBCG105Reasons@yahoo.com or directly via twitter @BBCG105Reasons...

and if you don't follow me already...please do

okay...sorry, commence discussing the rooftops, prospects, potential Samardzija trades, etc...

Immense thanks to Brett and all of BN,

Chris

#2 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

but Amazon is not very kind to authors(I get a whopping 13% of the sales). 

That's... pretty terrible.

#3 sven-erik312

sven-erik312

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Hi from Sweden Chris!

I'll have to get my order in to you. How about international shipping? There was a great sports writer, Leonard Koppett was his name. In the '60's, he wrote a book called "A Thinking Man's Guide to Baseball" A great book, I don't know if you ever read it or not. Then, in the 1990's, he updated it calling it " A Thinking Fan's Guide to Baseball" which was also excellent. Both books went into every aspect of the game.

My point is: Having read his books over and over again, as it's part of my Spring Training Ritual and having read your first edition, I don't get what people have to complain about as far as the Cubs are concerned. In the 2.5 years since the new regime has been here, the Cubs have gone from worst to first in terms of a minor league system. There has been enormous progress made there. To think that those guys could come in and "presto changeo, we have a World Series Winner" is just folly. We're starting the third season with the new regime, it's far too early to even thing about being competitive. I'm just ready for Baseball. Spring Training starts in a bit over two weeks, can't wait. Go Cubs Go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).