#1 juice

juice

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Hi Fellas,

The season is almost upon us and obviously im getting excited like everyone else. The wife and I are discussing dropping DirectTv and going HULU Plus/Netflix route. This will give me the excuse i've been looking for to get MLB.tv. Does anyone have any experience with this in the past? I live in area code 53807, which is just into the Wisconsin border. About 10 miles north of Galena, ILL (NW corner). Anyway, im not sure if im going to be in the zone for blackouts which would obviously cause some issues. What factors do i need to look into? Also, do they determine where you access the site for blackout rules? Im thinking about saying I live in Seattle or something and avoiding the Cub blackouts if possible.

Thanks for posting any experience good or bad with MLB.Tv. I had the audio only last year and it was worth the $20 i spent.

#2 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

If you go to the MLB.tv site you can check out which teams are in your blackout zone, just be happy you aren't in Iowa.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#3 CrashDavis

CrashDavis

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

Like Give me a Beer said, if you go t the site you can enter your area code to determine what games will be blacked out. But, about saying you live in Seattle to avoid blackout. This will not work. They base you location not on your info that you put in your profile, but from your location when you are logging into the site. So, if you travel and log in to watch a game your blackout restriction will be based on your location then, not your home location.

For example, my blackout restrictions are all Nationals & Orioles games. Luckly I am not a fan of these teams but when my team plays either of these two teams. I am blacked out and not able to watch them game. Until the game is available to watch the replay.

Hope this helps you out. I have had MLB.TV for 3 years now, when we went the same route of dropping cable and using Netflix and Hulu. I love it!! I am now able to watch way more games than I was before!! Only issue I run into is during the Postseason. When games are on TBS.

#4 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

It's very unlikely that I'll be buying the TV package this year, but I'm damn sure gonna buy the radio broadcasts.

#5 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

I'll probably buy the TV package, but mainly because it is the only way I can get the MiLB.TV package as well.  Last year they didn't sell it with the radio package.

I was very dissapointed, though, when last year they pulled a bunch of postseason games off of MLB.TV.  That sucked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).