#1 eandb17

eandb17

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

Hey everybody,

I was reading an article (http://statsports.net/?p=127) and it put us at #28 for this upcoming season. It's a pretty positive analysis of our team, but it's #28 nonetheless. So what do you guys think about our chances for this upcoming season. Predictions, thoughts?

#2 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

That was a good read, thanks for sharing. Because it looks like your new to the message board and because I love the message board and want it to be utilized more, here's a suggestion. When you make a post asking for thoughts/predictions/analysis that anyone can do, offer your own thoughts/ predictions/ analysis as well. This way it's easier for others to join the conversation without writing a paragraph on their own.

Cheers.

#3 eandb17

eandb17

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

You're right, I'll be sure to do that in the future. For this one, I thought it was pretty good and accurate. Of course I hope we will do better this season. Hopefully, the pitching will suprise us.

#4 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

Rankings!  SMH!

#5 5412

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

Hi,

I take the rankings with a grain of salt and here is why.  When the team won last year, everyone assumes they will continue to win.  If they suck, the same thing happens.

You have injuries, new players, surprises, and that is what makes baseball fun.  Who ever heard of Castro until they brought him up and he was an impact player?

The pundits will predict the Cubs to suck until they don't.  Get one or two kids to make the lineup and Lake to surprise and they could be .500.  If you look at last year, they were terrible RISP, and had a ton of blown saves.  The starting pitching kept them in most games until late in the year.  

A team can go 71-91 and be really awful.  If they can win 10 more games that are at .500.  Cut the blown saves in half or a couple key hits with RISP and it is possible.

While I am a homer.....I also know that when things start to roll and players gain confidence it become a whole different story.  They start playing to win as opposed to not to lose.

I don't expect them to contend for the playoffs but it would not surprise me if they were close to .500.

Regards,

PS:  Welcome to the message board.  Some really gold folks here and we all learn from each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).