Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

Some make more sense than others but all are interesting none the less.

For the record I am very dissapointed that noone has asked but here is my story. It was back in '02 and I was going through the previously mentioned medical coarse. We had just started the second half of the one year assignment and there was a short block of instruction on Animal Husbandry. The block of instruction got some chuckles in and of itself but as some friends of mine were flipping through the book they came across this picture. A buddy, city kid, started laughing and said, "What's he doing to that sheep?" Implying something something sexual in nature. Me being a farm kid replied, "Don't take this the wrong way but, that is not how it would be done." (honestly I probably didn't qualify it and it caused some more laughs some awkwardness) But the point of the story his relpy "Well I guess it is not your ordinary goat f*%k then." went on to be forever immortalized in my class.

I thought it would be appropriate to bring here.

#2 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

Nice thread, I'm looking forward to the stories. It might also be interesting to hear about the origins of some of the handles we have on here.

Posted Image

So as for MG, I used a goat handle at various other points in my online life and is obviously a reference to the infamous billy goat. So when I moved to Michigan a few years ago it seems only natural that MichiganGoat was born. As for the avatar is actually just a stock image of a goat i found on google images with a few filters added and the cubs logo added. I am actually looking for someone who could create an original avatar for me so if anyone out there with some design skills I would be interested in hearing from you.

Now Ron where whats the story behind yours? I really think it needs to be changed to a dead cat or change your handle to RonCatKiller

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

You know what really fun is to type in any of our handles into google images and watch how all our avatars pop up. Whats funny is my secret identity has a very small google footprint, but MichiganGoat is growing. Maybe I'll consider changing my name ala Chad Johnson and Ron Artest

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#4 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:55 PM

Nice thread, I'm looking forward to the stories. It might also be interesting to hear about the origins of some of the handles we have on here.

So as for MG, I used a goat handle at various other points in my online life and is obviously a reference to the infamous billy goat. So when I moved to Michigan a few years ago it seems only natural that MichiganGoat was born. As for the avatar is actually just a stock image of a goat i found on google images with a few filters added and the cubs logo added. I am actually looking for someone who could create an original avatar for me so if anyone out there with some design skills I would be interested in hearing from you.

Now Ron where whats the story behind yours? I really think it needs to be changed to a dead cat or change your handle to RonCatKiller

That is so funny I havn't thought about that story in years. My brother likes to get me half drunk and tell it but it has been a while. A handle I used to use was fightingmule, because I was in the Army and a different brother went to Central Missouri State. Since Ileft the Army I quit using it, now I am just lazy.

#5 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

For the record I am very dissapointed that noone has asked [me about my avatar].

What's there to ask about? You're Ron the goat fucker. That's cool. Whatever make you happy, pal.

I think my avatar is subtle, and betrays neither hide nor hair* of my predilections.

* those are animal husbandry terms. Just for you, Ron.

#6 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:28 PM

For the record I am very dissapointed that noone has asked [me about my avatar].

What's there to ask about? You're Ron the goat fucker. That's cool. Whatever make you happy, pal.

I kindof thought that is how this could go, oh well the cat's out of the bag so to speak. And it is not your ordinary goat fuck, don't forget that part!

#7 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:38 AM

Mine is pretty easy. Jeff Dunham's "Walter" character. I have often said that I want to grow up to be a crotchety old man. My wife feels I acheived that status years ago.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#8 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:24 AM

I used to be obsessed with the Simpsons (still love the first 10 seasons), and I was looking for a picture when I started out doing the Internet thing (circa 2002). I thought Duffman would be a funny picture. The end.

Nine years later, though, I'm starting to wonder if I should be using an actual picture of myself.

#9 packman711

packman711

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

http://en.wikipedia...._%28Simpsons%29

"All the muck that's fit to rake"

Also, how I feel as a Cubs fan here recently...

#10 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

I doubt mine needs much explanation, but in case you have never seen an '80s movie:

It's a screenshot from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which is set in Chicago. Among other merrymaking and unrestrained fun, the protagonists go to a Cubs game.

Hey, batta, batta, batta, batta... Suh-wing, batta.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#11 CUB5

CUB5

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:24 PM

Mine's the glorious mushroom from Mario. Cubs always need a "1UP"!
#17 Mark Grace for the HOF

#12 hardtop

hardtop

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationThe Queen City of the Plains

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

well, you obvioulsy know what mines about... and if you dont, you are probably in the wrong place ;)
My mother loved Ron Santo. It was funny to see her face light up when she talked about Ronnie, the captain, and that summer of 69. She acted as if they were friends, though I knew they had never met. I remember so many stories that started with his name; it was like he was part of the family. My Moms love for number 10 and the Cubs paved the way to my addiction to all things Chicago Cubs. It's a tough life, that of a Cubs fan, but I'll never give up on my Cubbies. My Mom never did, and neither did Ronnie.
Ron was also a straight stud in his day. His numbers were truly impressive. The Cubs will likely never have a better player, or better man, on the bag at 3rd. I hope someday he is honored, not only for what his did on the field, but his contributions to one of baseballs greatest organizations and the game itself.
When I moved to CO in 98, my love affair with the Cubs suffered. When I was finally able to stream WGN Radio... there was Ronnie. He may have been the worst color man in baseball, but I loved every second of it. Ronnie, was ME in that booth, he was all of us in the booth. A fan to a fault, he lived and died with every pitch and cried with every loss: just like me, just like you, just like Chicago.

When he died, I wept like a child. My mom called, and we just cried together, on the phone. It chokes me up just to think of it. I never met him, or saw him play, but Ron Santo is my favorite Cub.

Hardtop: I used it on a car forum I joined to get some info about my car, a 63 hardtop, and just too lazy to think of something else.

Posted Image

#13 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

Fantastic hardtop! I think all of us who grew up in that era felt the same way. I was 7 back in 1969, and I could tell you the names, numbers, and probable batting order for all the regulars on that team. Thanks for sharing.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#14 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

Wonderful story, although I am too young to see Ronnie play my family talked about him constently and I came to know him through his mini stokes in the press box and pure passion for the game. The only authorized jersey I own is a Santo #10 and he is sorely missed... although I don't mind Moreland.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#15 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:19 PM

Nice post.

He may have been the worst color man in baseball . . . .

Oh, there's no doubt about that. But he was also the best. That sounds impossible, unless you heard him call games.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).