#16 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

Mine is quite complicated, its a long, harrowing tale of courage and the human spirit.

I'm a Mizzou grad.

#17 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

That is a great story Hardtop and a sweet ride. I thought this post would turn into more than just surface stories, each usually tells something about the person. I can't wait to hear other stories.

#18 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

That is a great story Hardtop and a sweet ride. I thought this post would turn into more than just surface stories, each usually tells something about the person. I can't wait to hear other stories.

I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends, and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi...

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#19 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

We were a happy family. Kind. We looked out for one another, and, though we didn't have much, life was good.

That was before the ducks came.

#20 Dan0mite

Dan0mite

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:@stordl01
  • LocationFort Wayne, Indiana

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

I don't really have a cool story for mine. It is a pic of Booger from "Revenge Of tue Nerds". The main reason I use it is because it is the opposite of what other people do. Most people pick something they think is cool or at least has a connection to them. I just thought Booger was the opposite of cool and an avatar no one would want. It kinda makes me laugh, in a weird way this particular pic kinda resembles me. I sometimes use other photos for Facebook. I use Pee Wee and Bender. I have thought about using a different pic here but I usually recognize people by their pic. While I know I don't have a rep here, changing my photo just seems odd to do In case some people do recognize me.

#21 dreese

dreese

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDekalb/Arlington Heights

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

Well my name is David Reese and my email at school is dreese so that was easy, then I took a picture from google, did a little Photoshoping in paint and there you have it.

#22 NL_Cubs

NL_Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:NL_Cubs
  • LocationTransplanted Chicagoan Living in Virginia

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

No explanation necessary...I hope.
"You gotta love baseball before you love the Cubs"

#23 Glenallens One Homer

Glenallens One Homer

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

Mine is Glenallen Hill with a ridiculous afro wig. I like to think that he wears it around the house from time to time. What's that? Well if thinking about what Glenallen Hill wears is wrong, I don't want to be right.

#24 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:37 AM

Love it.

#25 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

Mine is an old logo from the Cubs of the 30's. I used to use the one from the '08 team hoping it would inspire the team to a repeat performance. I switched because some guy named Uso or something took it before I signed up here. I like the two logos I mentioned because it looks like the Cub is getting ready for an epic sword fight with someone, and I used to dream that Carlos Zambrano used the same pose before each at bat.

My twitter name is peaceknuckle. That's just my old name I used when I was a professional wrestler, not really much of a story.

#26 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:03 AM

Well I updated my avatar and logo as well it used to be this:

Posted Image

Once I got the blog going I realized this image was fuzzy and rather pathetic so after finding the goat image on getty images and getting a high resolution image, adding a few cartoon effects I updated my avatar to a cleaner more "artsy" image:
Posted Image

Better isn't it... be sure to follow me on twitter and read and comment on my blog, I hope MG 2.0 is an improvement and anyone visiting the blog is enjoying the content.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#27 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, MG, thanks for the clarification on the avatar. Me and the fellas were right confused 'bout it. ::rolls eyes::

#28 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

My twitter name is "peace"knuckle...

Hippie.

#29 Chris84

Chris84

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/#!/chris.siuty

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:15 AM

It's the tattoo I have on my right shoulder. In the center is the Chicago flag, The banner around it says "celebrate the ugly things," which is a quote from a Dillinger Four song in where they quote Nelson Algren. Symbolizes two of my favorite things - music and the city of Chicago.

#30 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

It's the tattoo I have on my right shoulder. In the center is the Chicago flag, The banner around it says "celebrate the ugly things," which is a quote from a Dillinger Four song in where they quote Nelson Algren. Symbolizes two of my favorite things - music and the city of Chicago.

Nelson Algren, "In one of the few autobiographical sections of his essay Chicago: City on the Make, Algren recalls after moving to Troy Street being teased by neighborhood children because he was a fan of the South Side White Sox, while they were fans of the North Side Chicago Cubs. They discovered his allegiances when he revealed his favorite player to be White Sox shortstop Swede Risberg. This teasing only increased when Risberg and other White Sox players were implicated in the 1920 Black Sox Scandal. Despite going on to spend most of his life on the North Side, Algren remained a White Sox fan into his later years.[4]

This is blasphamy is these parts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).