#31 LARRY

LARRY

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:31 AM

I grew up a Cub fan because my Dad was a Cub fan. My favorite player was Ernie Banks. I also liked Billy Williams and Ron Santo (always as a player, never as an announcer). Anyway, I listened to Cub games on the radio, still do. We would go to one or two games a year at Wrigley (usually against the hated Cardinals). The box seats were folding chairs in actual boxes and the prevalent smell was cigar smoke. So, if I had put any thought into it, my avatar would have been a picture showing Ernie's stance, with his right elbow held high, just like me in little league, and I would be known as "Ernie's Elbow 14" or something, not "LARRY" (I'm so sorry I had on CapsLock when I typed that). It's a red-tailed hawk.

#32 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

I grew up a Cub fan because my Dad was a Cub fan. My favorite player was Ernie Banks. I also liked Billy Williams and Ron Santo (always as a player, never as an announcer). Anyway, I listened to Cub games on the radio, still do. We would go to one or two games a year at Wrigley (usually against the hated Cardinals). The box seats were folding chairs in actual boxes and the prevalent smell was cigar smoke. So, if I had put any thought into it, my avatar would have been a picture showing Ernie's stance, with his right elbow held high, just like me in little league, and I would be known as "Ernie's Elbow 14" or something, not "LARRY" (I'm so sorry I had on CapsLock when I typed that). It's a red-tailed hawk.

I can uncaps that for you if you REALLY want me to...

But I don't think you should. I now think of you as LARRY(!!!) rather than Larry.

#33 LARRY

LARRY

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

So be it. Thanks for the offer anyway.

#34 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

So be it. Thanks for the offer anyway.

LARRY!

(I love it)

#35 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

Wanted to get back on top since we have a number of new users with some unique avatars.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#36 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

Wanted to get back on top since we have a number of new users with some unique avatars.

Good call MG, I have been away from the board for a while.

#37 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

Mine is pretty simple. My first foray into the online realm was when I was 10 or 11, and decided to play internet spades on Yahoo. During the process of signing up for an account, I was faced with the prospect of defining myself for the first time in my life. As a stupid kid who was obsessed with knights at the time (over it), and the Chicago Cubs (still just a stupid kid there), I naturally combined the two and dubbed myself: Sircubsalot17. Seventeen cause Gracie was my favorite. The moniker has somehow followed me wherever I go on the internet, and so it is today. As for my avatar, I just copied a random picture of a knight into Paint, added some Cubbie colors and ta da!

#38 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

My avatar is of my '03 Cobra SVT that I just sold. We purchased it this Spring and a week later found out that my wife was pregnant with our 3rd child. That started the problem since we always take my vehicle everywhere and it only had four seats. It was my favorite car of all time. I know it has some years on it but only has 47k miles. It was the first year they added a turbo to them.

Now I am less than two weeks away from having a new baby girl (Addison) and yes it is that Addison. My wife knew what I was doing when I brought up the name and she loved it. Guess I found a good one.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#39 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

I explained mine recently in another post but I'll add it here too. My avatar is a pic of me smoking and drinking an Old Style whilst pre gaming a Cubs and Giants game at Murphy's Bleachers. It was the worst game weather-wise I've ever attended at Wrigley. It was May 14th and the game time temp was 37 degrees with rain and 35 mph winds. I was sitting on the 1st base side about 5 rows from the field and the wind was blowing directly in my face. As always, I had a great time at Wrigley despite the weather. I believe the game was televised on ESPN and the announcers were bitching quite a bit about the weather too.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#40 Sweet James Jones

Sweet James Jones

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitter:SweetJJ1s
  • Facebook:Clay Dodson
  • LocationCookeville, Tennessee

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

My avatar is just me wearing the W flag (obviously) outside the entrance to the bleachers after the Cubs beat the Brewers during the Wrigley home opener.

Im also pointing my thumbs at myself just like Rob Van Dam did when he was wrestling for ECW.

Right before me and a friend were about to fight a Brewer's fan.

Ha.
Betternews is a Bitterbitch

#41 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

I have no idea where Stinky Pete came from. My name is not Pete and I am somewhat hygienically sound. I just thought it sounded cool. My pic is the toughest Sweathog, Juan Epstein from Welcome Back Kotter. In all the October Hullaballou with Theo, some folks on a different board took an avatar of Theo Huxtable. I don't know any other Theo's, so I picked an Epstein.

#42 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

I have no idea where Stinky Pete came from. My name is not Pete and I am somewhat hygienically sound. I just thought it sounded cool. My pic is the toughest Sweathog, Juan Epstein from Welcome Back Kotter. In all the October Hullaballou with Theo, some folks on a different board took an avatar of Theo Huxtable. I don't know any other Theo's, so I picked an Epstein.

I think I love every word of that post.

#43 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

I don't like to quote the urban dictionary, but I was really hoping that you named yourself after this definition; stinky-pete
To secretly release a fart in an elevator or any enclosed space.
I pulled a stinky-pete on my way up to the fifth floor.

#44 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

I don't like to quote the urban dictionary, but I was really hoping that you named yourself after this definition; stinky-pete

I love Urban Ductionary, it's the only way I can keep up on the kids jargon.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#45 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

I love Urban Ductionary, it's the only way I can keep up on the kids jargon.

Is that where you learn about new ways to use duct tape?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).